Chapter 22: RIP America

OH YES LUCAS YOU GO DADDY. JESUS WHERE DID MY PANTS GO???

Avery was a bitch.

That became very clear to me when she plopped herself in front of Ava with her stupid boyfriend and started making out with him. Instantly making Ava put her head down and me almost throw up.

I glance over at Ava again to see if she moved but she's still slouched over in her hunched position, her hair covering her face.

My head throbs painfully, my withdrawals from the marijuana brownies making a return.

"You good dude?" Andrew asks from beside me.

We were suppose to be doing a lab since it is science class, but I made it very clear that I wasn't in the mood to move around.

"Yeah, I'm good. There is a bowling ball rolling around in my head, but you know other than that I'm good." I say sarcastically.

Andrew rolls his eyes and pulls something out of his pocket before holding it out to me.

"You just randomly keep a bottle of Advil in your pocket?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He nods, shrugging his shoulders. "I get headaches a lot."

I grab the bottle from him and pour two pills out onto my hand. He takes the bottle from my grasp as I pop the pills into my mouth. He hands me his water bottle and I start to spill the water into my mouth.

I swallow hard, forcing the pills to slid down my throat. I make a face at the discomfort before handing the water back to Andrew.

He takes it and places it back in the spot on his desk before looking over at me.

"Maybe you should check if Ava is okay." He says looking past me and to her.

I nod in agreement before turning to my side slightly and poking her gently on the arm.

She looks up and smiles weakly at me.

"You ok?" I ask her softly. She nods causing my eyebrows to furrow, knowing she's not okay.

I look over to Andrew and shrug. He rolls his eyes at Ava before standing up and walking over to her desk.   He grabs her stuff from her desk and hands it to me.

I catch on only slightly confused, and place it on his desk as he pulls Ava up from her desk, causing her to smile shyly.

He pushes her slightly towards his seat and she sits down on his chair. He comes back and they share a chair allowing Andrew to desperately try to get her to forget about the guy who was making out with the biggest bitch on the planet, glancing over at her occasionally.

I could tell it didn't work, but it's the thought that courts.

I see Jack glance over at her again and I almost smack him.

God I'm so done with people right now.
___________________________________
The cafeteria room is hectic. As usual.

I cringe at all the people screaming and shouting as I walk to my table and sit down next to Josh.

I open my chocolate milk and gulp down a few swallows, my mouth suddenly very dry.

"Trump won."

I choke on the milk before gasping loudly and placing it back onto the table.

"Excuse me?" I ask, hoping I heard him wrong.

"He won."

I groan and smack my hand on the table.