Chapter 11: Because Of Ryan Potter

"You skipped school again?!"

I flinch at Ashton's harsh tone as he places his bowl in the sink.

"What the hell, Tiffany." He says raising his voice.

"I'm sorry. But Calum needed my help."

He throws his arms in the air. "Then call one of us!" He exclaims.

"You wouldn't have gotten here fast enough!" I half-yell back at him, trying to prove my point.

"You don't know that." He says calmly.

I take a breathe to calm myself. "This isn't fair and you know it. You're not really being a reasonable person right now."

"I'm not an normal person. I'm your parent."

"Not blood. We will never be blood. And trying to prove a point that you can be a father to me isn't grounding me when I skip school- even it was for perfectly good reasons. Calum could've committed suicide! Don't you understand?"

Ashton stares at me. "Go to your room."

I stand up, annoyed. "Fine. But whatever you decide, remember that Calum could be dead right now. Just putting that out there."

I stomp away and up to my room.

I spam my door.

I growl in frustration before falling backwards onto my bed.

I'm not wrong in this. I'm not.
___________________________________
"I hug her leg as she pats my back, then kisses my head.

"Listen guys, get out if here. Daddy and I will follow soon, I promise. Just get out of here, please." Mommy says, a pleading look on her face.

I nod and turn to run to the door. "I love you, mommy." I shout stopping at the closed door.

"I love you too."

"Come on Tiffany!" The boy says before grabbing my arm and pulling me outside.

The door slams behind us as we run to the street. I yank away from his grasp and turn towards the door.

"Tiffany!" He yells running to grab me.

Suddenly the house bursts into fire- knocking me and the boy back several feet, and into the bushes.

I jump awake from my dream and pant heavily.

Luke walks into my room, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Are you okay? Was it the same nightmare?" He asks, kneeling next to the bed.

I shake my head, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No. It-it was different."
___________________________________
The door bings as I walk into the room.

I shiver from the sudden coldness and wrap my jacket around my body.

I glance at the counter before sitting down to wait for it to clear up.

Once the last person as left, I stand up and walk over.

"Hi." The lady greets me with a cheery smile.

"Um hi. I wanted to see my file." I say nervously, messing with my zipper.