A Strong Prayer

(Meesha POV)

Bright lights and that hospital smell is what I woke up to today. I kept falling asleep every minute but the last thing I remembered was Ray holding my hand and saying I’m going to be fine. And he’s still here knocked out but still by my side. He’s such a sweet boy and he’s very persistent. I told him to go home with the guys but he stayed he’s kind of like my… protector I guess. Speaking about my protector I haven’t prayed in a long time. Maybe that’s why everything bad is going down…

Meesha: Dear God, My heavenly father. This is the time where I need you more than ever. Everything has been going wrong left and right and now I may lose the best friend I’ve ever had. I know why too its because I haven’t been loyal to you or put you first. So I’m doing that now because without you I can’t make it and neither can Cali…

(Ray POV)

I was half asleep when I heard her. Her voice was trembling as she said each word like she’d been crying. I didn’t want to interrupt her prayer but making any sudden movements so I just sat still with my hand still over hers. I listened as she prayed for everyone hearing everyone’s names be called from her family to her friends. She got to Cali’s name and she started to break down. I never knew how much Cali meant to her until that moment as she pleaded and begged God to save her only friend. Then she expresses her appreciation telling him thanks and right when I thought she was done she mentioned one more thing.

(Meesha POV)

Meesha: And God thank you for Ray. Without him I don’t know what I would do. He makes me believe that being in love is all worthwhile no matter how long you’ve known each other. I just thank you for putting him in my life. And please guide and protect him because I- I really love that boy… In Jesus name I pray… Amen

Ray: AMEN!

Meesha: (Jumps up) RAY! H-how long have you been up

Ray: Since about um… the beginning

Meesha: Oh my (covers her mouth) S-soo you heard that last uh little-

Ray: Yup (kisses her forehead) And right now I’m the happiest guy right now because I love you too babe more than you will ever know. You had me from the moment you told me who you were. I’ve been meaning to tell you but I didn’t have the guts to tell you…

(Prod’s POV)

I haven’t slept in how long its been about maybe 28 hours since I’ve last slept. The girl I love is lying motionless in a hospital bed and its my fault. I told her I would protect her and I let that poor excuse of a chick come in and take the only person that means the world to me. I can’t cry no! I wont cry. My baby girl needs me to be strong for her and I refuse to-

Cali: (groaning) Prodigy?