Alternative ending 3 part one

This takes place before they decide Sean's fate in execution.

_________

"Sean just breathe, it won't help if you panic..." Gray stated as Sean leaned back against the wall, his head hung and his hands fiddling with the chains of the cuffs that were clasped around his wrists, the skin around them red with the irritation of metal constantly rubbing against it.

"What do you think they'll decide?" Mark asked nervously as he placed a hand on Sean's shoulder, almost trying to reassure him, even if they both knew it was hopeless.

"Execution is apparently on the table, or Sean could be moved and you would be held in house arrest, or you could be lucky and they just return Sean to the old building he was being held at, obviously with a new guardian and you Mark will be arrested for keeping a criminal under your roof" Gray said and Sean grit his teeth, slowly looking up at him.

"Criminal?" Sean said lowly. "Sean..." Mark said sternly, gesturing for him to cool his temper. "A wanted man" Gray corrected himself and soon Jay approached them, earning hard glares from Sean and Mark.

"They don't understand anything, they think they're the shit when they don't know fucking 1 from 2 in the regard of my life, they act like they know what it's like, they can't even imagine half of it!" Sean harshly growled, kicking the wall.

"Sean, please, getting angry isn't going to help" Mark stated and Jay smirked, leaning close to Sean and whispering something into his ear. Sean's eyes turned raged and he grabbed Jay by his collar and turned him so he could shove Jay into the wall.

"You bite your fucking tongue, you cop piece of shit!" Sean screamed, Mark and Gray struggling to pull him off. "What did he say to you?" Mark cupped Sean's cheeks and stared into his eyes.

"He said he'll be sure I am put down for my acts, and that you will be put in the deepest part of jail" Sean growled and Mark bit his lip, pressing his forehead to Sean's.

"It'll be okay, trust me, I won't let anything happen to you baby..." Mark whispered and Sean looked up into his eyes worriedly. "What about you? There's no way I'm getting out of here" Sean said and Mark smiled, kissing him softly, Sean kissing back eagerly, closing his eyes.

"If I have to take a death sentence for you, I would" Mark whispered and Sean looked at him with sad eyes. "I'd rather go in that glass room with Rodney and all his little tools than let you go through that" Sean stated, pulling Mark close and hugging him, since he was shorter, he stood on his toes to hug him properly.

"I know baby, I know" Mark breathed against him, letting their bodies sway slightly, the two acting as though they were the only two.

__________

"Execution should be the most appropriate consequence" Jay spoke up to the jury who glanced at him. "After all, he has escaped, attacked police officers, killed Rodney and several others" He continued and Sean silently scowled.

"But, isn't Execution a bit overboard? I know he's done some indecent things, but death is a bit... much?" Mark decided to speak up and eyes directed at him, but he didn't care.

"After all, he was physically abused by Rodney, his mental state of mind towards the man and that building was not in its best place, is that not true?" Mark pointed out and the court mumbled words among each other, taking Marks statements to mind.

"What is your connection to this case, sir?"

"I am Mark Fischbach, I was the security at this building, I was aware of the fact Rodney punished Sean physically and I was aware this is not permitted to the mentally ill, or anywhere in face, and I too am..." he stopped and they stared at him.

"Your relationship with this man?"

"He is my partner" he said slowly, the crowd understood the meaning behind Mark's words. "Have you had a sexual relationship with Sean during this time?" The old man in front asked and Mark bit his lip.

"I only got involved with him several months after I had arrived, I'm afraid Rodney was not fond of it..." Mark lowered his gaze. "You've had coitus with this maniac?" One spoke and Mark glared at them.

"Are you against homosexuality? Or just an asshole? Excuse my indecency in language" he glanced at the judge who nodded once to him. "I am not fond of the sexual orientation..."

"Well shut the fuck up, you have no right to comment on my own" he snapped and several whispers erupted. "No execution will be issued, I assure you Mr Fischbach" the judge said and Mark smiled, Jay glaring at Mark.

"Your honor!"

"Although punishment will be applied" he looked at Jay who shut his mouth.

"Mr McLoughlin, for your acts, I will send you to the glass compartment, after Jay has giving you some punishment of his own, if your mental state is improved within two months, you will be given medication and brief access outside, under watch, of course" he said and Sean dropped his gaze, being silent the whole way through.

_________

"I'm going to enjoy this" Jay chuckled as he threw Sean to the ground as he entered the chamber for Sean's punishment. Sean scattered back, watching him in fear.

"Since the court never told me of my restraints on your punishment, it will be physically applied" Jay smiled as he pulled out the one thing Sean didn't want to see.

"You're just as bad as Rodney!" He screamed as he cowered into the corner of the room, his eyes on the whip. Jay grabbed Sean by the arm and dragged him to the centre, tying his hands around the pole, ripping Sean's shirt to expose his pale back.

Jay pulled his hand back and threw it forward, the whip smacking against Sean's back, a painful scream leaving his lips as he arched his back, gritting his teeth.

"You fucking demented maniac!" Sean screamed as another hit to the back came and he began crying, his shoulders shaking.

"Stop!" Mark grabbed Jay by the arm only to get a hit in the face, knocking him to the ground. "Mark!" Sean cried out, glancing at him. "I take his punishment! Punish me instead!" Mark said and Jay rose an eyebrow.

"Mark! No!" Sean screamed, shaking his head. "You're sure of that?" Jay stepped back and Mark nodded, pulling his shirt over his head.

"Very well" Jay said, watching as Mark undid Sean's binds and pulled him up, Sean begging him not to do it. "Gray, hold him, he needs to watch" Jay demanded and Gray's eyes widen.

"Jay-"

"Just do it!" Gray hesitated before he pulled Sean away, struggling as Sean moved around angrily, calling to Mark. Jay binded Mark's hands and stepped behind him, Mark shutting his eyes and holding the pole tightly.

Then it came, one, two, three, four, five, six... he lost count after that.

_________