Ending 2

This takes place before they go to the execution hall, so this is before everything happened, this goes off from chapter 38...

_______

Mark held Sean tightly in his arms as they lay on the bed in the glass room, his eyes staring up at the ceiling, his mind deep in thought. Sean snuggled into his side, he knew Sean was crying in his sleep by the soft sniffling sounds he made.

He sighed sadly, letting a tear roll down his cheeks, lifting his hand and covering his mouth, trying to stay silent so he wouldn't wake Sean. Stifling a sob as he cried, the thought scared him so much, it made his stomach churn in discomfort.

He heard the door open and he looked over, seeing Gray staring back at him, looking at loss for words, his mouth opening and closing, glancing around as if searching for the words.

"Get up!" He demanded, looking back as if to make sure he wasn't followed, Mark frowning at him, sitting up slightly, making Sean stir.

"What?"

"You want him to live? Get up! I can help you escape!" Gray exclaimed, staring straight into Mark's eyes, watching as Mark squinted at him wondering whether it was a trap.

"Just trust me!" He begged and Mark hesitated before he nodded, sitting up which caused Sean to grumble tiredly, opening his eyes slightly. "What? What's going on? It's not time is it?" He rubbed his eyes, his body shaking.

"Get up Sean, we're getting out of here" Mark whispered, kissing his nose, making him stare at him, a small smile spread over his face. "Really?" He asked, his eyes barely open, tiredly watching Mark.

"Yeah!" Mark smiled and Sean looked over at Gray, stretching his limbs and yawning. "Yay" he breathed, leaning more into his chest, not wanting to get up.

Mark huffed and picked him up in his arms, irritated at how lazy Sean was as even in a life or death situation. Mark followed Gray through the huge building, Sean snuggled into his chest, as if nothing else mattered in the world.

That was until they heard shouts, realising they had discovered that Sean and Mark were out. Gray grit his teeth nervously, beginning to run, Mark making Sean stand and dragging him by the hand as they ran after Gray.

"Find them! They can't get away!" They recognized the voice as Jay, making them run faster when they realized how close they were.

Gray stopped, causing Sean and Mark to run right into him, making his grunt and stare at them, beginning to panic and looking around anxiously for something.

"The window!" Gray pointed hurrying over, prying it open, demanding that they climb out. "Sean go!" Mark shoved him to the window, watching as he nervously squeezed out, as the footsteps got louder, Mark bit his lip and slammed the window shut, Sean pressing his hands on the glass, staring at Mark with worried eyes.

"Mark!? What are you doing?" Sean's voice was slightly muffled but full of fear, Mark sighing and staring back at him. "Go Sean! Run! You don't have time!" Mark exclaimed, his heart rate picking up when the footsteps got louder.

"But-" Sean hesitated greatly. "I love you Sean! Please! Just go!" Mark begged to him, his eyes misted. "I'll come back for you Mark! I swear! I love you!" Sean proclaimed, stepping away from the window.

"Go! Go run!" Mark yelled and Sean spun around running as fast as he could.

"Shit, I'm sorry Mark, Get your hands up!!" Gray yelled, lifting his gun and pointing it at Mark, just as Jay and a few other officers turned the corner, pulling out their firearms.

Mark rose his hands, his expression blank as he stared hatefully at Jay, giving in.

______

"Come on Mark, just tell us where he is and you'll be let go" Jay exclaimed, circling Mark who sat in the chair, staring at the mirrored glass in the interrogation room.

Mark refused to respond to him, sending him glares that clearly showed Jay that he fucking hated him. "Why must you be so damn difficult?" Jay huffed, rubbing his face with his hands, groaning irritably.

"Why must you be such a prick? We may never know" Mark shot back, glancing back at him momentarily, his hands curled into fists.

"Watch your mouth Fischbach! Let me tell you something, when we catch that crazy son of a bitch I personally will take him to a separate room and physically beat him until he can't breathe! But I'll be easy on him if you just tell us what we need to know" Jay smiled sarcastically to Mark, standing right before him.

That was when Mark lost it completely, lunging at Jay and tackling him to the ground, grabbing his neck, not caring his hands were cuffed. His fingers wrapped around his neck, screaming gibberish loudly, lifting and bashing his head into the ground repeatedly.

Officers entered the room, attempting to pull him away but he grabbed the baton from Jays belt and smacked it into the first Officer he could see, still screaming at the top of his lungs.

He had lost the last string of sanity he had, not caring about what could happen, just feeling anger and rage as he did what he had done.

______

Sean ran from that window as fast as his legs could carry him, letting out small whimpers as he did so. The rain that had started was getting harder very quickly.

He tripped over his feet but never fell, looking back as he saw the buildings doors open and several officers came running out with flashlights and dogs.

He yelped when he slammed into the fence, crying out and searching for a weak point so he could escape. He saw a slight gap under the fence and began digging desperately, hearing the barks of dogs getting louder.

He eventually squeezed himself through just as a dog jumped into the fence, it too beginning to crawl under the small gap.

Sean screamed and climbed to his feet, rushing off, hoping and praying he could just get out. He was forced to the ground when the same dog tackled him from behind, him quickly climbing up to his feet, staring at the dog which stared back at him, it's teeth barred.

He grabbed a branch and smacked into the dogs head as it lunged at him, a small whimper coming from the dog, making Sean flinched and he continued hitting it with the branch until it began running away, whimpering.

Sean continued running when he saw the officers were getting closer, running as fast as he could until he slipped, tumbling down a muddy slope, falling right into a lake, his back smacking into the water.

He gasped in the water as he moved with the current, the pain shooting through him, swimming to the top and grabbing onto a fallen tree, gasping for air desperately.

He lay there until he couldn't hear any more dogs or people, slowly climbing out, coughing and groaning. He had escaped, but he didn't feel at all happy, because Mark wasn't with him.

________

Sean entered the house, hurrying to the bedroom, grabbing several bags and stuffing clothes that Mark had bought for him as well as his medication along with money and necessaries, knowing that the officers would come here to look for him, changing into clean and dry clothes, tossing the dirty set of clothes away.

He looked out the room, seeing Chica watching him. He stared at her for a while before he slowly walked up to her, kneeling and holding his hand out to her watching as she cowered slightly.

"Chica, come with me, I'm sorry, I don't want to leave you here, I promise I'll look after you" Sean said softly, watching as the dog slowly walked closer to him, sniffing his hand and licking them, showing him that she trusted him.

He smiled and grabbed her leash, pulling her out the house so they could escape.

________

The end.....