Chapter 38

Sean was panicking, his heart was snapped in half as he walked out the court room, his eyes wide in shock, still digesting what had happened.

He knew Mark was devastated by the way he had reacted, crying immediately when the choice had been made, it only made Sean hurt more than it already was.

Sean wasn't crying, he had lost control of his emotions once again, his emotions mainly reflected shock, fear and devastation.

He wanted to cry so bad but he couldn't find the tears to shed out his eyes, he wanted to scream but he couldn't find the voice to do so, he wanted to bash his head into a wall but couldn't find the strength to do it.

He felt absolutely useless and broken.

Execution. Such a terrifying word. He never thought it would be directed to him or that he'd be the one receiving it.

He looked up, his eyes trailing along the wall's as he walked behind Gray who glanced back at him with a saddened gaze, his eyes meeting Sean's. "I'm sorry, I wish I could help, I mean, you did nearly kill Jay but.... you're still a human being and killing someone like that, just isn't right in my book" Gray rambled, opening the door to a large hall and what Sean saw inside made him scream and step back into the chubby security guard.

The glass room.

"No! No! No! Fuck! Please, god don't make me go in there again!!" Sean screamed, tears streaming down his cheeks, trying to run away. "I'm sorry Sean, but you must!" Gray exclaimed sadly, watching as the officers held Sean back, trying to push him to the glass room.

"No! I won't! Not again!" Sean begged and he felt the security let him go, him feeling strong arms wrap themselves around him and he flinched, flailing about until he heard a voice speak.

"Sean, baby, it's me" Mark said softly, his voice cracked and Sean began sobbing profusely, hugging him back, hiding his face in Mark's chest.

"I'm gonna pick you up, okay?" Mark said softly, Sean nodding and letting Mark put his hand under Sean's legs, lifting him up in his arms, walking forward.

Sean never looked up, only continuing to sob into his chest, his eyes clamped shut, crying loudly. Sean felt Mark sit down and he looked up, beginning to hyperventilate when he saw they were in the glass room of hell.

"Shit! Shit! He's gonna hurt me! Rodney's gonna come and hurt me! I-I need to get out!" Sean panicked, wiggling in Mark's arms but he felt Mark only hold him closer.

"Shhhhhhhhhh baby, it's okay, I'm here, I'm won't let anyone hurt you, I promise" Mark kissed his cheek softly. "How can you promise me that? I'm gonna die Mark, you heard them" Sean shook his head, choking on his breaths.

"Don't think about that Sean, just look at me" Mark shook his head, placing his hand under Sean's chin and making him look into his eyes. Sean stared into Mark's soft brown eyes, his body trembling and his lip between his teeth, biting so hard that he drew blood.

Mark stared back into Sean's captivating blue orbs, smiling lightly to him, trying to reassure him, trying to convince him everything was going to be okay. But that was a lie. It was far from the truth. Nothing was okay, nothing was ever going to be okay, Mark had no idea how he had the strength to keep that smile up, but he did it, because he loved Sean so much.

"I love you" Sean whispered, laying his head on Marks chest, listening to his heart beat. "I love you" Mark kissed his head, sighing slightly. "I'm scared Mark, so scared" Sean whimpered softly, shutting his eyes tightly and clutching onto Mark, as if it were the last time they could ever do it again, which was most likely the case.

"I know Jack, I know" Mark nodded, slowly closing his eyes and rocking Sean slightly, trying to calm him down. "What... what will happen to you?" Sean asked, looking up at him, Mark bit down on his lip, his eyes closed tightly, shaking his head.

"I don't know... I really don't" he sighed sadly, covering his face with his hand, groaning sadly. Sean didn't say anything after that only sniffling sadly.

"Mark..." Sean whispered, kissing the corner of his mouth, staring up at him wondrously. "Sean..." Mark said back, looking into his eyes once again, his lips trembled before he burst into tears, not trying to stay strong anymore.

Sean hugged him tightly, he too crying against Mark, the two held onto one another for dear life, not wanting to leave each other ever again, wishing that the harder they held each other, the lesser the chance of them ever loosing one another.

"Why is the world so cruel? Why does this always happen to us? I'm sorry Mark! I fucked your life up with my problems, I'm so so sorry" Sean stepped away from Mark, sinking to his knees and sobbing uncontrollably, the tears blurred his vision.

"No! Don't say that baby! I love you so much! Please don't you ever believe you were a burden to me, I cannot express how grateful I am to be able to call you mine, and I will forever be thankful for you, I love you more than anything in this world" Mark pulled him up to stand, pulling him into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I don't want to die!! Please god! I want to live!" Sean screamed, agony in his voice as he threw his head back and screamed, Mark silencing his screams by kissing him, holding their bodies closer,  letting them melt in each other's arms.

_______

The next chapter, after this will be the first ending. There are to be 2 endings, the next chapter being ending number one and then another will be put up either today or tomorrow depending on how much I get done. The second ending will be the ending leading to the Sequel which I will explain later on.