Chapter 8

It felt strange arriving so early the next day for Mark, his eyes going up to the still star filled sky as he parked his car. He huffed deeply, he had only gone home for 3 hours to rest for 2 hours and spend the 1 hour of his time with his darling Chica.

It pained him that he wasn't at home more to play with her but he couldn't deny the large amount of worry that hung in his mind about leaving Sean for too long.

Mark sighed and stepped out of his car, grabbing his backpack and running a hand through his beginning to fade, red locks. He walked inside and looked up, immediately making eye contact with Rodney, who frowned in confusion.

"What? Why are you here? Didn't you leave like... what, 3 hours ago?" He asked, checking the time on his apple watch. "Can't I come early?" Mark shot back, placing a hand on his hip as he rose an eyebrow at him.

His eyes almost narrowed at him but he waved him off, looking back down at the book he was reading. Mark scoffed and began walking to the steel door as per usual.

"Oh, tell the night shift guy he is excused!" Rodney called and Mark frowned, looking back at him. "Who?"

"I keep forgetting his name, he watches Sean at night" he shrugged, looking back down at his book. Mark stared at him for a few moments before he continued on, walking through the two doors and peering inside.

"I keep telling you to stop that shit dumbass!" Sean's voice said loudly and Mark chuckled, smiling at his typical snarkish comments. "Well, I can't help it! He's just so... fucking annoying! Like, like, he's the spawn of Satan!" A unfamiliar voice remarked and Mark frowned, looking at the man standing by the glass, looking up at Sean with his arms crossed.

"Felix! Just leave him alone! It's not like he intends to be like that, I mean, he's a dog for Petes sake!" Sean threw his hands up and 'Felix' laughed, shaking his head at him.

"Hey Jack" Mark said, shutting the door and walking in. "Mark!" Sean squealed all giddy, running to the other wall and grinning at him excitedly.

"Ah, so you're the famous Mark he's always talking about?" Felix smiled, walking over to Mark who held out his hand to Felix, waiting for him to shake it.

"Nah man, I do brofists" Felix shook his head, holding up his fist and waiting for Mark to hit his own fist against it. Mark chuckled slightly and did so, staring as Felix grinned toothily and his hand dropped to his side.

"Nice".

"I wish I could give you one, but I'm in this shit hole!" Sean kicked the wall, glaring at the glass. "You will one day man" Felix glanced over at him with his bright blue eyes. "No, Felix, I fucking won't! Because the world is always shitting on me! It's not my fault that I'm different!" Sean began becoming frustrated and Felix sighed.

"Bro, listen to me, you will get out and when you do, I'll be the first one to take you to my house to play video games for the whole day" Felix nodded sharply and Sean shook his head.

"No you won't, I'll be with Mark" Sean's eyes were on Mark, Felix soon too was looking at him. Mark could feel his cheeks redden and he lowered his gaze, shifting on his feet shyly.

"Awesome, I guess I should get going, Marzia will be pleased to see me home so early" Felix picked up his own bag and waved to Sean who lazily waved back, his bottom lip stuck out in a pout.

"Remember to use protection!" Sean suddenly yelled, his grin shot up and he was once again filled with energy. "No promises!" Felix yelled back, bidding Mark farewell and leaving.

"He's nice" Mark smiled to Sean who nodded, watching Mark carefully. "Nice shorts" Mark chuckled when he saw the flamingo shorts that Sean wore, watching the widespread grin grow,

"I know!"

"Why are you here so early? Shouldn't you be at home, spending time with your precious 'Jess'?" Sean spat out the name, cringing at the ground as his mood once again dampened. Mark shut his eyes tightly as he placed both hands on his desk, leaning down and sighing, his back facing Sean.

"What?" Sean frowned.

"Yeah well, we split" Mark turned to him, leaning back on his desk, watching as Sean's eyes lit up almost instantly. "Really?!" He chirped before he cleared his throat and his smile turned back into a frown.

"I mean... Really? That's so bad, I'm so sorry, awwww no" he dragged out the words, biting his lip and staring at the ground, his voice soft as if he tried his very best to be sarcastic about being piteous.

"Yes, really" Mark grumbled, making it clear to Sean he was not impressed with Sean's sarcasm. "Sorry" Sean mumbled, staring at the ground while clearing his throat, feeling Mark's hard glare on him, making him slightly agitated.

"Stop giving me that look!" Sean said but Mark refused to give in as he glared more, crossing his arms over his chest, staring at Sean. "Stop!" Sean growled, glaring right back.

"Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop! Before I smash this fucking glass and gouge your fucking eyes out!" Sean suddenly screamed, ripping the cap off his head and throwing it to the ground like an immature child who doesn't get his way.

"Calm down" Mark demanded, knowing that Sean would only get angrier.

"Fuck you! I am calm! I'm always fucking calm! You calm the fuck down! It's you who isn't calm! I tell you to stop staring at me like that! And what the fuck do you do!? You fucking continue!" Sean screamed, red in the face as he slammed his knuckles against the hard glass.

"Sean, if you were calm you wouldn't be over reacting like this" Mark sighed and Sean glared angrily. "Fuck off! You shouldn't have looked at me like that!" Sean punched the glass again.

"Sean, cut it out! You're acting like a child!" Mark demanded sternly. "You're so controlling! You're not better than Rodney! Why is everyone trying to control me!?" Sean screamed, pulling at his green hair. "I'm not Jack" Mark said as calmly as he could manage.

"Shut the fuck up you four eyed freak!" He screeched and Mark's jaw clenched, his hand curled into fists, his nails dug into his palms. "Sean, you're really fucking testing my patience now, shut up" Mark growled and Sean laughed sarcastically.

"Guess the fuck what Mark! I don't give a millennium of a shit! So why don't you come here and make me shut my mouth!" Sean challenges Mark who glared, resisting the urge to take up his offer and beat the shit out of him.

"No... Sean" Mark sighed, running his fingers through his hair. Sean fell to the ground and pulled his knees to his chest, digging his head in his knees, not speaking or moving.

"Sean" Mark said and Sean shook his head. "Leave me the fuck alone asshole, and here I thought, you cared, now just... fuck off".

_______