Chapter 36

"Questions? Why? For what reason? Why do you sound so sure that I'm the 'him' you're looking for?" Mark asked, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"You're Mark Fischbach, correct?" The one with coal black hair asked, his eyebrows risen. "Yes?"

"You used to work for Rodney Stewart at Fronrose hospital?" The one with dark brown hair asked, eyeing Mark slowly. "Briefly, yes" He nodded, pursing his lips.

"Briefly?" The two officers ask at the same time, looking at one another before looking back at Mark. "Yes, briefly" Mark nodded.

"Do you have any connection to Sean McLoughlin whatsoever?" The black haired one asked, looking down at his notebook. "I used to guard him at night" Mark stated and the brown haired one nodded, rubbing his chin with his hand dramatically.

"May we come in?" The black haired man asked, clicking his pen. "How long will this take?" Mark asked, shifting slightly. "As long as it takes, unless you are hiding him!!" The brown haired one pointed his finger in Mark's face, speaking and acting extremely dramatically.

"God, Gray, don't do that, it's embarrassing" the black haired one sighed exhaustedly, covering his face with his hands. "Well I'm sorry Jay! But I wanted to be an actor! Performing with the greatest Actors! But here I am, a cop" He said with full expression, using exaggerated hand gestures and wording.

"Well why didn't you?" Jay sighed, brushing his black hair out his eyes, looking at the shorter man. "Because I'm too busy being with you" Gray exclaimed, placing the back of his hand to his forehead, throwing his head back and leaning his back on Jay, posing dramatically.

"God, please don't do that while we're on the job Gray, please" Jay exclaimed, pushing him slightly, looking at Mark's amused expression.

"May we please come in?" Jay cleared his throat, Mark hesitantly moving and letting them enter, closing the door as soon as they came in. "Now back to- OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A DOG!!" Gray squealed, rushing over to Chica who stared at him through the cone around her neck.

"Yeah, that's Chica" Mark chuckled slightly, scratching the back of his neck, Jay sending him an apologetic glance. "What happened to her!? I mean she's adorable anyway but, what happened?" Gray asked, kneeling beside her and petting her softly, giggling as she licked his hands.

""There was an accident, I'd rather not get into detail" Mark mumbled and Gray frowned, looking over at him. "But-"

"Gray! Leave the dog alone! We're here for a more important reason!" Jay scolded, Gray coughing and nodding, climbing to his feet and rubbing his hands on his jeans, walking to stand beside Jay.

"What do you need?" Mark huffed, crossing his arms. "Do you have any idea where Sean could be or where he is?" Jay said, staring at Mark sternly.

"I wish I did" Mark shrugged, shifting on his feet. "You wish? He knows!" Gray exclaimed, clicking his fingers and turning to Jay. "Gray, shut up" Jay rolled his eyes and Gray frowned, hanging his head slightly.

"Have you any idea what has happened to Rodney?" Jay asked, jotting something down in his notebook. "No" Mark shrugged, watching as Gray's eyes wander, looking around.

"Nothing?" Jay rose an eyebrow at him, biting his lip. "Practically, I don't think-" Mark was cut off by a loud banging sound from the bedroom, all three men jumped, looking in the direction where it had come from. "Oh god! He's here! He's gonna come out a kill us! Fuck! Protect me Jay!!" Gray yelled, hiding behind Jay.

"What was that?" Jay exclaimed, looking at Mark with wide eyes.

"Um... that... that was probably my friend Daniel, he spent the night" Mark coughed, biting his lip as Jay gave him a look. "Daniel! Come on out!" Mark called, biting his tongue.

Daniel peeked over at them, smiling slightly. "Sorry! I dropped my bag and it kind of, did a lot more stuff" He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"It's fine" Jay said slowly, glancing between Mark and Daniel skeptically.

"These are funny looking pills!" Gray commented, picking up the bottle of Sean's medication, Mark's heart stopped. "It is..." Jay took the bottle reading the label, frowning and glancing over at Mark.

"Do you have these disorders?" Jay asked, turning so he fully faced Mark, staring at him seriously. "That's my business" Mark grabbed it from him, glaring slightly.

"But I'm asking you, it's my job" Jay glared right back, not backing down. "They're mine" Daniel grabbed them, staring at the ground. "Is that so?" Gray eyed them, placing his hands on his hips.

"Yes" Daniel sent him a glare, Gray frowned, looking to the ground. "Can you leave? Please?" Mark asked, huffing in irritation, crossing his arms. "You have a lot of scars? Did you make them?" Jay asked, staring at Mark's arms.

"No" Mark stated quickly, looking away from him, biting his lip. "Then how'd that happen?" Jay pushed, stepping closer to Mark, tilting his head slightly.

"Why do you care? Leave me alone" Mark shot a glare, stepping back, not caring they were officers. "Did Sean do that to?" Jay asked, Mark staring at him with wide eyes.

"Jay" Gray started, placing a hand on his shoulder, trying to tell him to stop but Jay shrugged him off, scoffing. "Answer the question Fischbach" Jay demanded and Mark held back the urge to slap him across the face.

"Fuck off" Mark spat, his heart stopping when his eyes caught the green colour of Sean's hair as he peeked around the corner, watching with nervous eyes.

"Don't speak to me like that!" Jay snapped, jabbing a finger in Mark's chest angrily, glaring at him. "Jay!" Gray scolded, trying to pull him back but was shoved back, making him stumble back, right into Sean.

"Sorry- Fuck! It's him!!" Gray screamed, hurrying away from Sean with wide eyes, Jay looking over and smirking. "Gotcha" he walked towards Sean he grit his teeth, grabbing a vase, throwing it at him, watching as he narrowly dodged it, growling.

"Stop that!" Jay demanded, Sean tackling him, Jay dropping the tazer that was in his hand, Gray watching with side eyes as Sean wrapped his fingers around Jay's neck, beginning to strangle him.

"Jay!" Gray cried, but was too scared to help his partner.

"Sean, stop" Mark said seriously, Sean looking up at him then back at Jay, sighing and pulling his hands from his neck, listening to him cough and try and breathe desperately.

Sean stood and stepped away, watching as Gray's rushed to Jays side, checking if he was okay before he placed his lips over Jays, kissing him softly.

"I'm okay Gray" Jay exclaimed, looking up at Sean with his eyes narrowed, his breathing heavy and choked. "Hands up!" A voice yelled, Sean squealing and spinning around, seeing a new officer walk in, holding up the gun and pointing at Sean's head.

"Hands up where I can see them!!" They demanded, more coming in after him, Sean's eyes widen in fear and shock. "M-Mark" Sean's voice trembled, looking at him.

"Do it Sean" Mark sighed, realising they had lost.

_______