Chapter 49: Journal Entry #493

And so, here I am, sitting by my desk on my bedroom on the first day that I am to be grounded. Still, it could be worse. I could be grounded for a year or even for the rest of my life. I really can't fathom why they would do that. I also happen to have at least a month ahead of me before the Indigo League starts and I'm gonna have to spend it being grounded.

Although, I could totally see why they would do that. Ever since my return to Celadon City, there had been nothing but trouble that came my way. Our way. Imagine being whisked to another region by a Druddigon and then brought back by a legendary Pokémon. Yes, I was safe, but hey! Travelling to another region without your parents' permission is enough make them ballistic. Dealing with two evil organizations at once, that's another thing. I was lucky I managed to make it out alive. And escaping the eruption of an entire volcanic island and living to tell the tale? That is probably not something anyone would be brave enough to tell their mothers.

And then, there's the matter about Dad.

Dad's wound on his chest has finally healed, but he still couldn't move his body properly. It looks like we'll be in the same situation for the next few weeks, since he'll be unable to get out of the house the same way I would. Still, I could consider myself lucky, since I could still move around if I wanted to.

I'll probably volunteer washing the dishes every now and then. Mom might find it appealing and she might shorten my punishment time to three, maybe two weeks. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. As someone labeled the Hero of Truth, I've already got enough trouble shoved upon me to last a lifetime.

Arndolfr had already written his longest entry on his journal yet and is now massaging the back of his right hand in order to rest a bit. He may have written on several pages of the journal for that entry, but he's not quite done yet. He still needed to write a last paragraph or so before he can say that he is finished. All of the events that transpired for the past few days needed to be written down in the journal, Arndolfr believed. He hoped that when he rereads his entries in the far future, he'd have a hearty laugh at each of his entries and probably reminisce on some precious memories that he may share with his children, given that he would have them in the future.

He looked outside his window. It was a beautiful morning just like the day he first met Geronimo. Arndolfr then remembered the events in Prof. Rowan's laboratory just like it has happened yesterday. The only difference was the breeze was much warmer. Truth be told, Arndolfr missed the cold climate of Sinnoh. Then again, each region might have something different to offer, Arndolfr thought. He had heard that it's best to visit Johto during fall while Alola is best during summer. It was only a pity that there is no place in Kanto that would remind him of Sinnoh.

Feeling a bit homesick, Arndolfr closed all of the windows shut and turned on the air conditioning unit to full blast. Within seconds, Arndolfr's bedroom had become cold as if he was back in Twinleaf Town itself.

After a bit of snuggling on his blanket because of the lower temperature, Arndolfr finally resolved to finish his entry on his journal.

Well, goodluck to me and my whole month of doing nothing here inside the house. Seriously though, how am I supposed to train for the Pokémon League? I bet Ash, Gary, and all the other trainers I've met in my travels have already started training for it.

Come to think of it, I still have seven Gym Badges. I can't possibly compete in the Pokémon League with only seven Gym Badges. It would only give me a few days to train for my eighth Gym battle, challenge the Viridian City Gym itself (which, I heard recently, had just reopened), and then make my way to Indigo Plateau where the Pokémon League would take place.