Chapter Twenty Nine: Part Two

Nala

[Excuse any errors.]

"What's this?" I stifled a laugh as I held out a picture of a younger Jayceon with a huge ass afro and Jackson 5 outfit. He sucked his teeth making me burst out in laughter at his face right now.

"Shit ain't that funny, Bianca." he sucked his teeth again as I died on the bed.

"You look so cute tho." I admired the photo and he made to grab it but I pulled it away, "I'm taking this one." I put the photo in my tote that was on the floor.

"You wrong for that." he shook his head and I did the Kanye shrug, looking through more photos.

We were at his house now having left Miss Gilda's a while ago after the old man, who I learnt is Walter, returned to the house with a freaking machete. A whole scene broke out with Jay tryna calm Miss Gilda from popping one in Walter. The drama, I tell you.

So here we are 2 hours later, looking through Jay's photo albums in his old bedroom. His room was pretty plain but for a few posters on one wall directly across his bed; and I'd noted LeBron, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Metta World, and others amongst them. In fact, it was just posters of basketball players.

"You ready to get outta here?" Jay asked, checking his watch which I saw read 16:42.

"Why? And get back to Gabi who's goin have ma ass for not bringing her food?" I raised an eyebrow at him, "No thanks, I'm good right here." I sank further into the bed, going through the pictures and chuckling at one of Ace with a jerri curl.

"Then we'll get her something on the way. Come on." he tapped ma thigh, getting up from the bed and I groaned, laying back on the pillows. I didn't wanna go, "What's wrong witchu?" he chuckled.

"I don't wanna go. Its so quiet and peaceful here..." I sighed almost dreamy like. I was almost certain those fools were half pissed by now and I was not ready for that racket. I wanted to stay here and enjoy my man, is that a crime?

" 'quiet and peaceful'?" he looked at me with raised eyebrows before dropping his head chuckling to himself, "she don't even know... Come on B, we better go while the sun still out naw. You don't wanna be caught round here when the lights go on."

I sighed out heavy, rolling my eyes as I put my shoes on. He was acting like this was some dark enchanted forest or something that we were forbidden from after hours.

I retrieved my tote from the floor and walked past him at the door and he laughed.

"Why you mad tho?" he chuckled closing the door.

"Cause you're annoying." I rolled my eyes waiting for him at the front door.

"Ey," he brought my head up to meet his gaze, "We'll get our time alone, aight. Just... not here." he looked around the living room, "Too many skeletons starting to show they faces... Let's go."

He led me out the door towards the car without another word and I didn't dare say anything either. Whatever it was,he'd tell me in due time, but for now-

"Ayo Fox, ma boi!" a dreadlocked brother with tattoos covering almost his whole upper torso, which was visible seeing as he had no shirt on, hollered as he walked up to us.

"Whatup T?" Jay broke out in a wide grin, dapping the guy.

"Ain't complainin, yung, shit you ain't hit a nigga up or nothing since you moved up into the burbs naw. What, you think you better than us lil nigga?" the guy tried to pull a mean mug but his face just wouldn't lose the grin.