Chapter One

Bianca

[Excuse any errors.]

"Totally bruh. This headache ain't funny no more." I groaned , sloaching in my desk.

"Let me run up to Mrs Denver's and get you some pills. You honestly look like shit." Gabi chuckled standing up from the desk beside mine.

Gabrielle Castell is my ride-or-die bitch. We've been close friends for 'bout 4 years now.

She's a short Latino chick with her thick, brown hair in soft, light waves. She's got laid-back-but-still-the-baddest-bitch typa vibes.

We are currently in Ms Chopra's, our Geography teacher, class. It's Friday and I was ready to be out!

It was our second last period out of the four so it's aiight.

I walked outta my house thinking This headache ain't about to fuck my day up but obviously I'm not the tough bitch I try to imagine myself being.  Fuck it, I'm a LOOOOOONG way from anything tough.

Gabi walked up to Ms Chopra's desk and asked for permission to exit the room.

I saw her look in my direction and the short, Indian lady spoke up with her accent underlying each word.

"Bianca, is everything alright?"

"Uhm, I just have a headache, ma'am." I squeaked sitting up straight, as the class toned down to hear wha's up.  Someone outta the crowd scoffed and some of em started chattering.  I'on give a flying fuck.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not some Moping Molly that's lonely, bullied and depressed, but for some reason some these hoes outchea don't like me. And I don't give a shit.

I'm your get-to-school-early-and-stay-outta-trouble typa girl. I'm not a straight-A student but I'm pretty close.  I'm not all about the books tho. I can kick it back with ma niggas now and again buh there's a limit to all this, you feel me?

"Alright, Gabrielle, you're excused. Bring some water with you." she dismissed her and Gabi nodded making her way towards the door.

Renda, one of my close classmates, mouthed a are you okay  from the other side of the room and I gave her a thumbs up. I shifted in my seat and laid my head on my bag which was on top of my desk.

Gabi came back with some Tylenol and a bottle of water. I popped the pill in my mouth and downed the bottle of water.

"Ahhh, thanks Gabs." I said, placing the half filled bottle into my bag.

"You know I got you babe." she smiled and I returned the gesture, and laid back on my bag for a few to let the pill kick in.

***

"B, wake up babe. We about to move to Rey's class." I heard Gabi say, shaking my arm. I sucked my teeth.

I like being  around Gabs and all but everyone and their momma know I don't like being woken up even by my own mother.

I picked my head up from the desk and grabbed a compact mirror to fix my 'fro and put on some lip balm.

"Could you lend me your book,Gabs? Imma try and get these notes in this weekend." I turned to Gabi and she nodded, handing me her book. I put it in my and turned to Gabi, waiting for the bell to go off.

"B, do you have a cute neckpiece I could borrow for tomorrow?" Gabi asked.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "You know I'm an accessories freako and lending you my shit ain't a fuss."