Chapter Three

Bianca

[Excuse anyerrors.]

I love how serene Sunday mornings are, you know? How you can go to sleep on a really long Saturday and wake up the next day just at peace with yourself.  Yeah sure the day ends quickly and its cursed with the burden of having a Monday after it, but let's face it: no one actually wakes up on a Sunday morning and be like "Argh, I fuckin hate Sundays."

If that is you, then you need some of my bro's pills cause you're really fucked up.

It was midmorning and I was currently in my room tryna write in those Geogs' notes. I know if Gabi gets here later on and I ain't got shit done she was gonna blow.

I finished in the last of the notes and placed the books back in my bag. I walked over to my desk and took my phone and charger out of the outlet. I plopped back on my bed to check on my inbox. Empty. I sighed over dramatically. I don't know why I bother having a phone cause I hardly get any notifications. Yes, I've got social apps but I'm not really into them. They just bore me after a while.

I layed there for a second till I decided to go check on my mom. She was probably in the kitchen going through her cookbook. She always gets worked up when lunch's at our house which is weird cause the woman can practically make water taste like creme brulee. I fuck you not.

I headed down the hall in search of my queen. We live in a 4 bedroomed one storey house with a dining & living room, a not-too-large backyard and 2 doored car garage. My mom had done a most admirable job decorating the house. You got a different feel with each room you entered. I was now entering the kitchen where I found mom seated at the island going through her cookbook. She looked kinda frustrated and I know she's gonna need my help.

"Hey mom. Whatchu doiin?" I questioned walking towards her and hopping onto the seat beside her. She looked at me with a weak smile and turned back at the book. She was wearing her twist down and a white vest and black jeans on.

"Ahh, I'm tryna figure out what to cook later. What do you think - Indian or Italian?" She asked me. Now she knows I'm a sucker for Indian food. The flavours are just... HEAVEN!

"We both know my first choice but I think we should try some Italian. Surprise me, Miss. Simmons. " I said pecking her cheek earning a chuckle. I got off my stool heading to Bernie's room. I hadn't seen her since breakfast and she's usually always popping her head in my room to my annoyance on most occasions.  I headed back down the hall passing Don's room and my room. I knocked lightly on her door and didn't wait for a response. Walking in I found her on the floor playing with her Princess Tiana doll. She didn't have that glow she always had when playing with her dolls. Something was wrong.

"Hey Bernie, what are you up to babe?" I asked coming closer and sitting opposite her with my legs straightened out to one side. She didn't look up at me and simply shrugged. I was getting a little freaked out now. A thousand possibilities were going through my head right now. One thing is for sure, my sister is not an introvert.

"Heyyy, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I asked her tilting my head to the right to get a better view of her face. She nodded and rose her head and a little frown was etched on it.

"Chwis says toad can't be a pwince. Is that twue?" She mumbled her frown deepening. I was dumbstruck.  I didn't know what to say. I'll kill Chris for putting me in this position. I cleared my throat before speaking up.

"Bernie, a toad doesn't have to be the real thing," she gave me the "bitch, you crazy" look. I might be fucking up her childhood," It can be a man. A really ugly man that becomes your prince when you guys fall in love. " I'm fucking up. I'm fucking up.