Chapter Eleven

Nala

I am so tired. This past week has been hectic.

With school work and all the drama with Jay *inserts the rolling of the eyes*, I'm physically drained.

"Arghh." I groaned as I dragged myself out of bed and plopped onto the floor, face first. Great!

This exactly what I needed. Thank you, Universe. You're too kind.

I managed to lift myself off of the laminated wooden floor, and shuffled my way into my en suite. Looking into the mirror, what was reflected was nothing human.

I chuckled at my horrible reflection before applying toothpaste on my toothbrush and carrying out my hygiene routine.

After I was done, I warmed up my shower and went back into my room to play some music.

I went onto my Pandora and connected my phone onto my speaker system.

En Vogue's intro to Don't Let Go rang out throughout my room.

What's it gonna be

Cause I can't pretend.

Don't you wanna be more than friends.

Then hold me tight and don't let go

(don't let go-ooo)

You have the right to lose control

(Don't let go-ooo)

I went back to my shower and sang along to the music.
Today was looking good and I was determined not to let anyone spoil my Saturday.

Daddy had landed on Wednesday and we were going out today. Just us two.

I was really looking forward to it despite everything with Chris lurking out here somewhere. Now that's another annoying ass nigga.

I don't even know why I overreacted that day cause ain't no body scared of his lanky ass. I must have been PMSing or somethin cause I know for sure I shoulda and coulda KO'ed his ass, coming at me sideways and shit.

I haven't heard from him since and his momma comes by time to time and chats with my moms.
Apparently, he doesn't live with her no more and she doesn't know of his whereabouts. But its whatever cause I'm done with people walking over me and if Chris feels that he got his balls tough enough to come at me again, then honey he better bring it.

I finished up and stepped out the shower, wrapping a towel around my body tightly.
Outkast's Hey Ya came on and I let loose, with my hips moving side to side and my hands working.

I opened up my closet and pulled out some cream-white high waisted jeans, a black vest with 'Normal Is Boring' printed on it, an acid wash denim jacket and some brown leather combat boots as it was a bit chilly outside lately.

I buttered myself up before putting my outfit on and tieing my braids up in a high ponytail.

I then switched my system off before heading out towards the kitchen.

From the hallway, I could hear laughter coming from the kitchen.
Once I came to the kitchen's threshold, I smirked at my parents chasing each other across the room with pancake batter all over their hands. Goofs.

I cleared my throat making my presence known. How can they be having a better love life than m-, I mean... Whatever.
They immediately froze, looking at me like two kids caught with their hands in a cookie jar.

"Aren't we having fun." I commented while walking further into the kitchen, stepping on an egg shell. The floor and counters were messed with batter, flour, egg shells and spilled milk.