Chapter Twenty Five: Part One

Nala

[Excuse any errors.]

I hate shopping. Especially for clothes.
It's like these designers live in a completely different planet with size 0's only.

Earth to fashion designers: America has one of the highest obesity ranks, so who you making all these 0s for?

"We better find something here or we canceling this whole theme bullshit, I'm telling you." I warned Gabrielle as we walked into Cataliya's.

It's the 31st and, of course, the boys are having a NYE party. Now Gabrielle's  bossy ass forced us into a theme, black and gold. Mind you that she's not even going to be there! While I'm over here stressing about an outfit for later, she's chilled cause she'll be spending the night with Mike since he can't come to the party.

"We'll find you an outfit, Bianca. Would you relax?" she threw back with annoyance. I scoffed, folding my arms as I walked off further into the boutique.

"My girls don't look too happy today." Camila, the boutique's owner, came my way as Gabs followed.

"Oh Cam, I desperately need your help." I pouted.

"Alright,  don't cry now. What is it?" she smiled.

"She's going to a NYE party and she doesn't have an outfit." Gabs informed.

"I did, till you came up with a theme." I scoffed and she rolled her eyes.

"Can you help us so I can be done with her?" she asked and Cam laughed.

"What's the theme?" Cam  questioned.

"Black and gold." I informed her and she nodded.

"Alright, I can work with that. Any specific items you want? Dress, jeans..." she trailed.

"I don-"

"Anything sexy." Gabs cut me off, "She's dating my brother and she has to be on his mind right into next year. Ain't that right B?" she poked me and I tried to stale face her but my cheeks were failing me with all the blushing, making them both laugh.

"Alright,  I'll be right back." Cam told us and went about the boutique looking through the garments.

Okay, she is right. Tonight was pretty special to me.

The past few days have been absolutely... perfect. Jay and I have been connected in a whole new level that I could have never imagined sharing with a guy. Our lil escapade released so much hurt and self doubt within me, I just... It's been everything to me.

And tonight, I wanted to be glued onto Jayceon's memory cause I was considering something that I had never offered willingly to any other male.

Yes, that.

"Here we go." Cam came back with a black, long-sleeved bodycon dress with cut outs and shear, see through in some places, and a gold zip coming up in the front of the dress, "Go try it on."

I took the dress from her a bit fearful as Gabs bit on her index looking like a kid excited to watch their favorite show.

I went out back to the fitting room, slipped out of my sweats and hoodie, and put on the dress.

Surprisingly, the cut outs didn't reveal much. More like teasing sneak peeks... I love it!

"Come on out now!" Gabs yelled from outside and I stopped gawking at myself, stepping out of the cubicle.

"Yassss bitch, yasss!" Gabs hollered coming up to me as we broke out in dance, twerking in front of the mirror as Cam cheered on.

"You girls so stupid." Cam shook her head chuckling as we laughed at our own ridiculousness.