Chapter Twenty Two

Fox

[Excuse any errors.]

"Aye yo, chill out nigga!" Red yelled over the crowd's hype as he and CJ held me back from snapping this scrawny ass nigga's neck in two. I swear these muhfuckers be testing a nigga up in this bitch.

Leh me let y'all in on this:

So me and babygirl making our way to class after lunch, right? We good, laughing and shit, just minding our own business. Then this clown gotta go on and open his mouth, coming at Nala sideways with some " She prolly was just fucking with Chris from the get go." What the fuck?

"Yo Fox, chill out bruh. Roberts come out here you know he goin kick yo ass out nigga." CJ reasoned. I calmed ma shit down and broke free of their hold on me. My eyes searched for Nala and I caught her being escorted by Gabi into the ladies room.

I decided to take this time to wash my face in the guys room too.

I came out again and went over to Brit Lit class. The teacher was frontin bout me coming to class late buh I ain't here for that bullshit. Nala and em were already there so I took ma seat next to babygirl. I could tell she was mad cause she ain't even acknowledge a nigga. What she was mad about, I don't know.

I was also in my own vibe so I wasn't about to ask what was up cause I know it's about some bullshit, and we just got to a good place a week ago. I ain't about to jinx that shit.

Class went by and we were switching to Maths naw. We packed our shit in silence and I waited for her to finish when I was done with ma shit. I swear she was being extra slow today buh I wasn't goin anywhere and I wasn't goin say shit bout it.

She finally finished and she made for the door which I followed her to. Once in the hallway, she folded her arms across her chest to block me from holding her hand. Is that right?

"Nala, come with me for a sec." I more so told her than asked.

"I've got class." she said, still walking and not looking at me. What? I got class too buh I wanna talk tah ya.

"Hey," I pulled her to the side so she could face me buh she still avoided looking at me, "What I do now, huh? You ain't said a word to me since lunch."

"It's nothing." she simply stated. I stared at her with my brow raised. Know what, I ain't about this shit.

"Okay. Ya can go to ya class." I moved away from her way. She frowned looking up at me.

"What? You ain't coming with me?" she quizzed and I blew out a sigh.

"Nah, Imma head out for a sec. I'll come by to pick y'all up after school, aiight?" I asked and she nodded her head reluctantly. I could tell she was worried buh shit, you can't get worried naw.

I went over to Mrs Denver so she could get a nigga outta this place. They went through the process of calling Al and ma nigga told em to let me go.

First off, I needed a blunt.

On ma drive to the house I couldn't help buh think of all the stress a nigga been getting in these past months. I mean shit, ma life wasn't exactly roses and daisys back in L.A, shit it was nowhere near that shit, buh I've had ma fair share of drama while I been here. When does this shit end cuh?

It seems like with me and Nala... we always go through the same shit - we go through some real shit, we get over it, we get to a good place, then one of us starts some bullshit and we start all over again. Man that shit gettin old bruh.

A nigga tired of fighting and fussing.

I huffed as I pulled up to ma driveway. I took a minute to myself 'fo getting out. I decided against walking through the house to ma crib, to avoid Lollipops. I went by the back and played some Tyler the Creator on ma system then got to rollin.