Chapter Twenty Three

Nala

[Excuse any errors.]

Jayceon never ceases to amaze me.
Like, the boy knows exactly what to do when I'm not in the best space.

The whole fight scenerio on Monday was just... too much for me. Everything that has happened to us lately hit me right then, and I suddenly realized that we kept going through trial after trial. When would we ever be genuinely happy? , I asked myself. Until now...

"You need to wipe that huge ass grin off your face." Gabs folded her arms across her chest as I checked myself out in the mirror. I couldn't help it! It felt sooo good to smile again, I couldn't even stop.

"Jealousy makes you nasty, my friend." I laughed as she rolled her eyes.

Since my breakdown on Monday, Jay has been nothing less of a sweetheart (although he'd probably kill me if he heard me say that). For the 6 months that I've known Jayceon, we'd never talked about the future or what our goals and dreams were, and I was surprised that he was the one to bring in such conversations.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at his on Thursday and he asked me on a date this Saturday.

So here I am, dressed in a white halter/turtleneck crop with white pencil skirt and my blush pink trench structured coat in hand, paired with nude heels. I also had my 'fro in a cute puff on my crown and my makeup simple.

"Me jealous? Yeah right!" she got up and walked into the en suite. A knock came to the door before my mom appeared with a smile.

"Your date is here. And we better get out there fast before Maurice questions his ear off." she rolled her eyes at that as I laughed, grabbing my white purse.

"Gabs hurry, Jay's here!" I yelled to the door as she stepped out fixing her sweats.

"I'm done." she pouted and I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to ask what it was now. We made our way to the living room where the man they say is my father sat on the coffee table, facing Jayceon who had his back faced towards us.

"I know you ain't got yo old crusty ass on my table, Maurice." Momma seethed as the mean face he had pulled on vanished at the sight of my mom, springing up from the table. Gabs and I broke out in laughter, not taking note when Jay got up and turned our way.

"Damn Alicia. Why you gotta come up on a nigga like that, shit." he clutched at his chest for emphasis as Momma rolled her eyes at him.

My eye was drawn to a particular person, dressed in black jeans and turtleneck, with a white casual blazer and sneakers, an outfit more casual than formal buh he made it work. A smirk grew on his face as I walked to his side, not caring who was around us.

"You're beautiful." he complimented, pulling me into him by my waist and releasing a heat flush over my face as he kissed my cheek.

"Thank you." I smiled as he pulled back, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Can you believe this Alicia? I'm right here. Right here! And they already all over each other." he vented causing my mom to roll her eyes, "Bianca, ya can go back to ya room. There ain't goin be no date if I ain't coming with y'all." he said with all seriousness evident on his face. I looked to my mom with my eyes popped out. No, thay can't do this...

"Boy, go to sleep." Momma shooed him away and walked up to Jay and I, "You babies go have fun. And don't do anything I wouldn't do." she playfully scolded as we both gave her smiles and head nods.

"Thanks Momma. I'll see you guys later. Gabs, I'll call ya later boo." I side hugged her before giving Maurice a stank face on my way to the door with Jay.