lypophrenia

"So what's the plan?" Dylan gazed out the window beside him.

They've been driving through a whole night into the early hours of the morning.

Jade sighed "We're heading straight for the Divisions."

"The Divisions? As in the hunting region Divisions?"

Jade glanced towards him "The very one"

"Luna, I've heard stories about the Divisions!" Dylan exclaimed "and not the kind of stories you would tell your kids!"

Jade smirked. She thought it was funny seeing a werewolf scared of a place where there'd be humans. 

Chances were some of those stories involved her dad. He was quiet notorious back in the day. "Look - We're only going be there so I can find my brother, he'll figure something out. And how many times do I have to tell you! My name is Jade not Luna. Just Jade!"

"Fine..." he muttered

Jade sighed contently "we're here," she parked her car outside a little cottage.

"Are you sure?" he whispered

He imagined big grey buildings and a suffocating cloud of fear, not a small cottage in the middle of what seemed to be a forest.

It almost seemed nice. Almost. 

Jade rang the doorbell only once "Not quite. We're on the outskirts of it. It's a little more peaceful here, less dark and deadly. My Aunt lives here. Tanner said he'd be staying with her before he left"

Before Dylan could ask any more questions the door opened to reveal a lady that seemed to be in her late 40's with dark brown hair and weary brown eyes.

Jade immediately beamed towards her, while introducing herself "Oh my, you have grown so much!" the lady voiced while bringing her into a hug "and who is this handsome young man?"

"Dylan." Jade offered lightly "A friend of mine."

Katherine nodded towards him "You can call me Kat. It's nice to meet you."

"Pleasures all mine." Dylan replied shyly. 

The older women turned her attention back to Jade "I'm so happy you came to visit"

"I'm sorry we can't stay for long, Kat. We just came by to ask for Tanner''

Katherine froze  — Dylan recognised her expression, it was an emotion he knew all too well. But he had to be wrong. Oh, Goddess how he hoped he was wrong "Excuse me?"

"I really need my brother, it's urgent." The older women's face drained of all colour, a flash of something close to panic surpassed her features.

And that's when Dylan knew, he just knew it in his heart. 

And even he held his breath for a moment. 

Dylan wordlessly took Jade's hand "I-I'm not feeling well, Luna. Is it alright if we can just go in for a minute or two?"

"But Tanner-"

He squeezed her hand more out of reflex than anything else "Please." 

"We have been travelling for a while now..." Jade lingered for a moment 

Kat forced a small laugh "The living room is straight down the hall and to your left, can't miss it. The poor boy looks like death, let him have some tea, at least."