cingulomania

Impossible

Slate didn't understand.

She was right there in front of him, and then in a blink of an eye she was gone. Dazed and confused he shot up from his knees — Where is she?Soren demanded.

His heart plummeted "Blake!" 

"What happened? All I heard was screaming and then...nothing"

After what seemed like an eternity Slate finally calmed his wolf "Hell if I know. She disappeared. Blake, I messed up. I just couldn't control my wolf, I-I was angry and now-"

"We'll find her." Blake interrupted "She has to be here somewhere! Slate, her scent is very faint but nevertheless still here."

With that in mind, Slate shut his eyes — after 10 minutes of trying he finally reopened them "That can't be right."

"What?"

He shook his head "Her scent, it's everywhere. It's as if she walked around the whole Pack house."

"Well, there's a chance she walked around when she was moving her stuff" Blake offered an explanation.

Slate started to walk upstairs "Not possible. She's been inside but she's never been on the second floor and when she moved in - she only managed to explore downstairs"

"Alpha," one of his Pack members called out "We checked her room to see if she was there and most of her belongings are gone."

Soren howled in agony at the notion of their mate leaving "What do you mean?" Slate hissed.

His worst nightmares were beginning to spring to life. And he hated himself for letting it happen. 

"M-Most of her clothes are gone. One of her bags are missing." The boy stuttered — telling your Alpha that his mate's belongings were missing was something that you'd avoid at all costs.

Slate stormed into her temporary room.

Blake along with the rest of the Pack stayed out of there for the rest of the day, figuring if they disturbed him, they'd regret it. Slate ordered every Pack member including Blake to start looking for Jade — She couldn't have gone far

Collapsing to his knees, right in front of her bed, her scent was barely detectable but compared to the rest of the house this was the only area where it felt like she was inside the longest — I'm sorryhis wolf whined.

You better be! Our mate is GONE because you couldn't control yourself! We can't protect her because you couldn't just wait! Slate bit back.

He could feel his heart breaking all over again, his whole world shattering to pieces.

You have to admit it, human. That wasn't all me, you wanted to mark her too! Soren replied with a hint of anger

He knew that his wolf was right.

As much as he would like to blame Soren for everything Slate knew he was in control of the moment, the fact Soren agreed with him was just enough to push him that extra bit further.

I know, I know. His heavy gaze glanced around.

She left some clothes and there were some boxes that were still unopened. He sighed sadly as something silver caught his eye — Soren stilled within him.

Slate stepped closer to the item and held it in his hands.

There was no mistake, this was the necklace he gave her. A delicate silver chain, the only type of silver that could not harm wolves connected to a small intricate crystal that glowed a soft green when she wore it.