uitwaaien

~ One month later ~ 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Jade groaned "Wake up! We're gonna be late!"

"GOOD!" Cora hissed back before burying her face into her pillow.

Dylan walked into the room holding three bags "I think we should just leave her..."

"No" Jade replied sharply — over time Dylan and the two girls had grown closer, he had become a little brother to them since he was 16 "It's our first day of school! You can't miss it Corinthia!"

After a minute of silence She finally sat up "Don't call me that." She hissed. Her full name would forever be the bane of her existence. 

"We'll be waiting in the car for you. I'm trusting you to be there in another five minutes."

Cora only rolled her eyes "aye, aye captain"

Dylan and Jade walked out of the house and started to lightly jog to the car since it was raining down a little too heavily for their tastes. Jade sat in the front seat while Dylan took the back.

"Nervous?"

He looked at her for a moment "not really...you?"

"I don't think so" she wavered for a moment "When Tanner and I moved out of the Divisions we travelled a lot. I think over time I just got used to starting over, until one day he said that we didn't need to do that anymore..."

Dylan stared at her sadly — she still had that broken look in her eyes when she remembered her brother "You don't have to do this, not today at least. You can stay home and-"

"I need the distraction" she interrupted him

He looked down at the car floor "I guess you have a point there. Luna - You are the strongest person I know. That much I'm certain of"

"How many times do I have to tell you? That's not my na-" before she could finish her sentence Cora jerked open the car door and jumped in.

She held a wild smile that made even Jade a little worried. Starting the engine angrily she turned to Dylan "You better buckle up because it's raining and I'm an angry driver in the morning," she smirked evilly before reversing out of the drive way at the speed of light.

They should've let her sleep

* * *

"Slate?" Blake called from inside the Pack house.

It was a Monday so Pack members where either at school, training or doing other things which would usually leave him alone.

A few minutes later Slate came walking down the steps, stumbling every now and then before finally halting "what?" he drawled. 

"Have you been drinking?" Blake coughed slightly at the stench of alcohol that attacked him mercilessly.

He glared at Blake "It is none of your business what I do."

"This stench says otherwise. How are our efforts with finding her"

Slate sighed roughly "We have no leads. Every clue is a dead-end and I don't think my wolf can take it any longer..." It was true, Soren had shut himself off from Slate since he couldn't handle the grief of not seeing or hearing from Jade.

Slate cursed his wolf for leaving him to suffer the brute force of her absence alone. 

"We'll find her."

Slate shook his head "I'm pretty sure that's what you said a month ago"

"- and I'll keep saying it until you get it through your head"

His eyes softened a bit at the hope only his best friend could restore "...What did you need?"

"I came to say we have another lead on where Jade could be but we have to stop at the Divisions first. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me."

Slate looked unsure for a moment. Apprehension settled within his heart. 

He wanted her back in his arms more than anything in the world, he wanted to hear her voice once more, he wanted to tell her how much he missed her — how sorry he was for frightening her.

But then doubt started to seep in to his mind.

What if she didn't want to see him?

What if she despised the very look of him?

"Slate." Blake snapped him out of his thoughts "Do you want your mate or not?"

He met his defiant stare "More than anything."

"Would you die for her?"

Slate didn't understand why Blake was asking such obvious questions "In a blink of an eye"

"Would you kill any man that dared to lay a hand on her?" Blake asked one more time

Soren's eyes flashed, at the mention of anyone hurting his mate his wolf had resurfaced from his comatose state "As fast as my arms and legs can move."

"Then there's nothing left to discuss." Blake smirked "Lets go get your mate"