nunchi

It's been three days since Slate found Jade's unconscious on her living room floor.

He ordered she stay at the Pack house, wanting to protect her the only way he knew how "How is she?" 

"Stable" The Pack Doctor sighed — Jade currently laid inside Sates bed completely still "I've never seen anyone like her." Robert sighed defeatedly

He raised an eyebrow "Start making sense, now, or consider finding a new Pack."

"...She's healing her own wounds but she's not a wolf. She's improving though," Robert ran a hand through his hair "...I've never seen anything like her."

"Then how am I  supposed to help her?" 

Robert stared at Jade for a second before turning to him "There's one person who could help."

Slate reluctantly tore his gaze away from her "Who?"

"Tanner is her brother so maybe he ca-"

"His missing! For some damn reason he's gone "

"Alpha-"

Slate's eyes flashed to a glowing red "We have sent countless members in search of him and there aren't any leads"

"I apologise. He is the only person that has an idea about what's going on, he is the only chance we have on finding out-"

Slate suppressed the urge to berate the Pack Doctors efforts any more than he had "I think it's best if you leave. Now"

Robert sunk his head towards the floor and exited the room.

Slate sat on the chair nearest to Jade. He held onto her hand and couldn't help but feel a pang of agony without her.

"Slate...?"

His head snapped up in her direction "You're awake," he whispered with both desperation and happiness.

Jade opened her eyes slowly "Of course I would be awake," she said in an obvious tone "What am I doing here?"

"You don't remember?" Slate still held her small delicate hand in his own, careful he wasn't holding it too tight. 

He didn't care if there wasn't a logical explanation for her to be awake or even breathing properly — all he cared about was her being okay.

Maybe that train of thought, alone, was his first mistake. 

After a moment or two recognition crossed her features "...Rogues..."

"What happened, Jade?" Slate asked softly, even if the thought of Rogues trying to get his mate angered him to no end he would try his best to not scare her.

Jade gazed back, unknowingly making Soren want to claim her then and there "I don't know..."

"Don't push yourself to remember." Slate said soothingly. He got up from where he sat and got on to the bed only to embrace her "I just got you back."

"When I or if I remember, you'll be the first person I tell.'' Jade mumbled against his chest

Slate closed his eyes and basked in the moment where she was wrapped in his arms. The soft caress of her hair as it brushed against his cheek, the way her body simply moulded against his and her soft breaths lulled all his worries away. 

For the first time in days he felt complete — he felt strong "I won't rush you" he whispered against her — that single phrase held many meanings.