kyoka suigetsu

Jade narrowed her gaze before shoving him away from her "Slate, you better not be lying to me! If you think for a sec-"

"I'm not! Trust me, Tanner told you about mates and how important they are! I would never lie to you about something like this" He answered truthfully "I knew since the day I saw you that you were my mate. I didn't want to pressure you into anything so I kept it from you this whole time."

She stared at him for a moment "Why?"

"Because I care about your feelings more than mine" he replied softly "Not telling you about your brother was one of the biggest mistakes-"

"I know..." she shook her head "You were going to tell me but I ran before you could."

"For good reason too. But Still, I'm sorry, I should've told you as soon as I heard and I didn't. The thought of Sebastian being the one that held you-" he gritted his teeth "I'm not blind, I see the way he looks at you"

Jade's eyes widened at the assumption "Bash is one of my closest friends."

"I can't help it...You left me behind."

Jade breathed raggedly at his words. He leaned his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes contently "Slate, what the hell were you thinking when you tried to mark me that night?"

He tried to reach for her again but she stepped back again shaking her head at him, signalling him to answer her question first "...I-I...lost control."

"...You were going to mark me while I was thinking that you still had a mate out there waiting for you." She exclaimed

Regret clouded Slate's vision "Please, don't do this."

"Do what!"

Jade glared towards him "I tried my best, Jade! Had it been any other Alpha they would've marked you without your will, or even kidnapped you!"

"And I should be thankful you didn't kidnap me?"

Slate swallowed his words "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I'd take back that night if I could"

After a moment of silence she finally gave in "...Just promise me one thing.''

Slate nodded "Of course..."

"Promise that you will never do that to me again. You will never try to mark me without my consent."

Slate would never purposely hurt her like that again but if saying it so her ears could hear it would made her feel better — then he wouldn't have any trouble doing so "I promise."

"Good..." Jade sighed while smiling gently — his arms circled around her and held her warm soft body against his own. He captured her lips in one swift motion — this time, he was glad she didn't pull away from him.

The bedroom door slammed open causing him to let out a deep growl, simply outraged at whoever dared to interrupt them "You're awake!" Caroline walked away from the doorway making Jade grip Slate's shirt a fraction tighter "Please, just hear me out."

"Why should I?" Jade voiced

Klaus entered the room "Love, what's going on-oh, Jade you're awake."

"What do the both of you want?"

Klaus held Caroline's hand, exchanging a look with her "We just want to talk."

"You lost that chance when you told me and Tanner to never come back." Jade spat while stepping away from Slate.