kyoka suigetsu

"...You've looked better."

Slate ignored his father "I thought you were living with Mom's Pack"

In werewolf law, If the Luna is also the sole leader of their original Pack, the Alpha could go with them, leaving his own behind — but only if they have a son or daughter to rule the Pack they're leaving.

"I heard about what happened." Rick stated laying his hand on Slate's shoulder "Your mother and I came as fast as we could"

Slate could feel the tears gather in his eyes but blinked them away. He refused to look weak in front of his father "what did she say?" his voice croaked with tiredness.

He couldn't bear another deprecating moment alone with his thoughts. He craved for this small conversation to serve as a distraction. 

"That I should talk to you but we both know you won't listen" Rick gave a small chuckle. The humour seemed forced. Slate would need to thank his father later for his efforts. 

He sighed "She's been gone for two days..."

"Are you sure you've checked everywhere?"

Slate pulled his head out of his hands "We've checked the whole town, I've sent half the Pack to scout outside our territory. Members are driving down every road in search of her as we speak! I've tried multiple times to contact the Omega but it seems his blocked the link."

"Then, what are you doing?"

He paused "...I don't know anymore. Without her it's like I can't breath, can't think! I don't know what to do when I find her..." If I find her

"Tell her to come back"

Slate stood on his feet and walked over to the window. He observed how nearly every Pack member scattered around in chaos, trying to track down their Luna "It's not that easy, I messed up - badly"

"I know." his father gave him a knowing look

Slate turned around "Who hasn't heard - I wasn't thinking at all"

"You were thinking like a wolf" Rick said standing up "As for the 'missing' problem - If you were her who would be the first person you would run to?"

Slate stilled for a moment "... Tanner."

"She doesn't know?" Rick hissed, shock evident in his expressions. Over time Jade had soon become the daughter him and his wife never had, they got to know her better and approved of her and her brother.

Guilt plagued Slate like a disease "I couldn't tell her..."

"Slate Henderson Parker." Rick scolded "That boy is the only family that girl has, as her mate you should've told her as soon as you heard!"

He growled "I know! I will! I just need to find her."

"So she doesn't know her brother is dead. She'll go to him" Rick stated narrowing his eyes

Slate sighed roughly "The last place she heard he was staying was the Divisions"

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

He was an idiot. A complete and utter idiot. Slate berated himself for not thinking of it sooner of course she would be there! She wouldn't go anywhere without her brother. 

Slate rushed downstairs and bolted out of the front door. He jumped in the front seat, just as he was about to start the engine, two people jumped in the car with him.