E r l e b n i s

"Tanner..." Jade whispered — immediately she ran to him, engulfing him in a giant hug.

He stepped back from their embrace with a sad smile "I'm so sorry, Jade. I knew there was a chance I wouldn't make it and I prepared the best I could"

"Please don't tell me to leave," she voiced

He sighed "You need to live. You can't stay here, if you stay here then-"

"I'm dead?" She finished for him "What happens when I wake up? I have no-one."

Tanner shook his head "That's not true, you have people waiting for you"

"No-one would care if I stayed here with the rest of my family, where I am actually happy!"

He offered her a sympathetic look "What about Slate?"

"Slate?" Jade voiced

Tanner smiled "I know his your mate"

"He can move on without me"

He grabbed her hand "Could he? Do you really think that he could move on? That your death wouldn't matter to him?"

"Tann-"

His voice held so much conviction it was unnerving "Look me in the eye and tell me that it doesn't bother you one bit that you're leaving him behind"

"...I can't" Jade whispered. 

The chance to have them back — to be by their side, like the old times. Her eyebrows creased as she weighed the most important decision of her life.

"You must go" A voice behind her said

Jade turned around to see her mother and father standing next to Tanner – the image alone made tears gather within her gaze. They were a family, for the first time in forever they were all together "But-"

"We are not changing our minds" Eric stated — smiling at her along with her mother.

Lalani put her hand on Tanners shoulder "We've done all we could, Jade. But your father is right - you can't get three Leichhardt's to change their minds."

"You can try." Tanner interjected "But you are fighting a losing battle"

The three stood before Jade – all of them smiling at her with happiness. That's when she got the message loud and clear. They were going to be okay — they were willing to wait for her but until the fateful day they reunite she has to live her life.

Tanner, Lalani and Eric hugged her before each of them stepped back — wiping away the tears that made the way to their faces "Close your eyes" Tanner whispered — holding her hand "And go back home"

"I love you..." She whispered before her eyes closed — glad that the last thing she saw before the darkness consumed her vision was her mother, father and brother smiling at her lovingly, telling her it was okay to let go. Telling her she was going to be fine and most of all, that they were going to be happy so she had every right to live her life without worrying about her family.

"We love you too Jade..."

* * *

It's been a couple weeks since Slate last saw Bash and for some reason he felt guilty — as if it was his fault Bash didn't return. Why did he even miss that stupid human? Jade had been making small progresses with her condition, her heart beat became stronger and life started to rush through her veins.