Chapter Six-To Love Is To Destroy

Start from the beginning

"I'll leave now." He said getting up from the bed. "Night."

"Night." I muttered watching as he left the room quietly closing the door behind him. I laid back down on the bed pulling the covers over and keeping my eyes on the window. It wasn't that cold, but cold enough to warrant two blankets. And as I lay there, trying hard to keep my eyes open I found myself somehow drifting into sleep.

I walked down stairs following behind Max holding on to the sleeves of my shirt. Max looked different in person then he did in photos. He was taller and more muscular and his hair was darker. As well as his eyes shinning a brighter shade of green.

As I stayed behind Max I could hardly see over him. He was two heads taller than me making it impossible to even see a tiny bit.

"How'd you get this tall?" I asked as we finally got down the bottom of the staircase.

"Easy," He replied. "Hormones."

"Yeah that's what you tell your cousin." I shot back as we walked into the kitchen. Aunt Wendy, Uncle Dave and Zayn were already in there, Aunt Wendy cooing over Ryder who looked over all confused.

"Good morning you two." Aunt Wendy said looking away from Ryder. "I made pancakes, there's some in the dinning room. I think you should get there before Chaim takes them all..."

"Right," Max grabbed my wrist. "This way."

I cringed in pain as Max led me out of the room, my wrist instantly stung in pain.

"What the fuck?" I snapped as we entered the dinning room and Max finally released my wrist.

"What-"

"Don't worry."

Max just shrugged as I took a seat at the table next to Chaim who was already stuffing his face.

"Chaim seriously?" Max hissed.

"What? It taste's nice..."

It was boring. Sitting in the hospital waiting room with Max, Chaim and Ryder. Zayn said they'd come get us after they saw Gramma first-but that had to been an hour ago. I dully tapped my fingers on my thigh as Max sat next to me listening intently to Ryder who was blabbing on about something.

"That doesn't make sense..." Max muttered shaking his head.

"Yeah it does." Ryder shot back proudly.

"I'm with him." Chaim chimed in pointing at Ryder which just made Max groan.

"Nice being the oldest out of all of us?" I asked with a smirk.

"Shut up Tellie."

"Never."

My eyes fluttered around the hospital waiting room stopping when I saw Zayn. He was sliding his phone in his pocket and walking towards us, confusion washed all over his face.

"You guys can go in now." He said.

"About time..." Max muttered as we all rose from our seats. I followed behind Max as Zayn led us out of the hospital waiting room. My stomach churned as I trailed behind, at least five steps behind everyone else. This made it all real. The fact that whether I liked it or not Gramma was going to die. It took about two minutes to get outside the hospital room. Max and Chaim automatically walked into Ryder following after them, but I didn't move. I stood outside the doorway nearly gasping for air.

"Tellie..." Zayn started, the sympathy showing in his tone of voice. He didn't understand really. He can't understand everything. I looked up at Zayn, tears forming in my eyes.

"You okay love?" He asked softly. I shook my head and looked at the ground.

"I don't know if I can go in there..." I muttered truthfully. "But I should be able to... Chaim's eight and he walked straight in there-Ryder went in there."

"Chaim only went in there because his parents are in there. And Ryder went in 'cause he saw Darian. Tellie everyone was scared to go in. Darian only went in a couple of minutes ago 'cause she was scared. You can take your time love."

"No I can't. She'll be dead by the time I walk in there."

"Tells..."

"S-S-S..." I stumbled on my words not wanting to say it. "S-S-She's gonna d-die isn't she?"

"Tellie it's not that simple." He replied putting an arm around me.

"She's not gonna live though is she?" I chocked through tears. I could hear Zayn sigh as I tried to hold back my tears-but as hard as I tried I couldn't. It was like when you finish reading Allegiant and realise that there's no big twist, or when reading Beautiful Creatures and you realise it was Ethan or Macon. Like watching the end of the notebook. It was death. And death made us weak. No. Really it didn't. Love made us weak. And that's why when anybody said they loved me, it was more frightening then you'd think.

To love is to destroy.

Just as written in The Mortal Instruments.

(A/N

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?

MY ENGLISH TEACHER PLAYED THAT IN CLASS ONCE 'COZ WE HAD FIVE MINUTES TO THE BELL AND HAD FINISHED EVERYTHING... MY ENGLISH TEACHERS COOL.

SO JUST TELLIE'S POV

I HAVE TO ADMIT MOST OF THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE DONE IN TELLIE'S POV COZ THE MAIN PLOT FOCUSSES AROUND HER SO YEAH I WARNED YOU BEFORE ANYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT A LOT OF IT BEING FROM TELLIE'S POV... #justsaying

ANYWHORE

4

VOTES

4

COMMENTS

:)

-P

Oh and @CarlyMonkeyPie Facebook me!