Chapter Forty

The Manchester skyline is beautiful from our hotel room. The Cathedral is visible, along with the Cathedral gardens. The buildings are rustic and the city is filled with a lot of English history. Everything is truly breathtaking and pictures would never do justice.

"Alright Addie I'll give it to you, this idea was pretty good." Louis smiles as he looks out the window.

I turn and roll my eyes playfully, "says the person who almost didn't even come." He pushes my shoulder and I move to ruffle his hair. I didn't realize how long it had gotten until he pushes it back with a black hat, a few pieces escaping at the sides.

It's almost 9 and we arrived fifteen minutes ago. The car ride was filled with screaming our favorite songs at the top of our lungs until Louis fell asleep an hour in. He has to go to sleep or he gets carsick and trust me, I would have been pissed if he threw up in the rental car because it was not cheap.

"What are we doing first?" Charlotte asks and I turn to Louis with wide eyes. "We could go grab something to eat and then maybe check out a club?" I grimace as the words come out of my mouth, unsure of what Louis may say.

He pushes his eyebrows together, "why are you making that face Addie? You look so uncomfortable."

I laugh and move to sit on the full sized bed. "I didn't know what you would say about going to a setting with alcohol so soon."

It's only been two weeks since he got released from the treatment facility. Louis stayed there a little over a month while they helped him, and luckily he was still able to do his school work and train for football.

"Addie I'm fine, I'll just drink water or a soft drink. Besides, you're funny when you're drunk." Louis smirks and Charlotte grins, wrapping her arms around Louis' neck and his smile widens, stretching from ear to ear. This is the happiest I've seen him in a while, and I can tell it's genuine as his bright blue eye dance under the lights of the hotel room.

I rummage through my duffle bag and pull out a blue and white patterned mini skirt, a maroon long sleeve shirt and a white vest. I pull on knee high socks and slip into a pair of tan wedges. I retreat into the bathroom and pull my hair into a high pony tail and swipe mascara over my eye lashes.

"I call this look, newly single and ready to mingle." Charlotte announces, holding her arms out to show me off. I giggle softly and turn in a circle at her command. She's changed into tight black jeans and a white long sleeved crop top paired with black ankle boots while Louis is in black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and Converse.

I pick up my phone and see a new message from Lincoln, asking if I got here safe. I reply swiftly and tuck my phone in the vest pocket.

"Addie, Lincoln can't stop talking about you in the football teams group message." Louis says as we leave the room and head down the hall.

My face reddens. "What's he saying?" I ask, trying not to sound too interested in what he must say about me.

"Nothing too exciting, just how hot you are and that your eyes are pretty." He shrugs and I nod.

Lincoln is attractive, there's no denying that but there is something about him I can't put my finger on, and I need to find it out soon before I let myself open up to him.

The air is cold and I wrap my vest around my body as the three of us walk down the crowded streets. I watch as Louis grabs Charlotte's hand and I hold back my grin. I can see how they are good for each other, it seems as if they calm each other down knowing how outgoing they are individually. It's nice to see them getting along instead of the fighting I had grown accustomed to.