Fifty-Eight

"And this slut" Morgan said as she held out the file of a new transfer "is totally in love with you" Eric lifted his eyebrow as he munched on a salt cookie.

"She does like a slut" he said, Morgan smiled and put the file back. He was giving Eric a quick update on the transfers and their progress, seeing that he wanted to help as soon as he was given his leave, it had been a week since he had woken up, and he had only walked to and from the bathroom, never left his bed, or the hospital. He was a lion in a cage, he just wanted out as soon as possible.

"I mean... She saw that you adressed me as your girlfriend back on the roof, but still she just trains and when I go nearer she tells her friend something like 'I don't care if he's taken, wait until he sees me and he'll keep coming back for more'" Morgan sipped her coffee and shook her head angry "I hate her".

"Have you said anything to her?".

"Yes! I told her to not fuck with you or I will end her" Eric smiled and moved to kiss Morgan on the lips.

Johan barged in with a smile and said.

"You guys waste no time uh?" Morgan smiled as she sat back on the chair and sipped her coffee.

"You don't know half of it" she teased. Johan sat next to Eric and patted him on the leg.

"Oh Morgan, your presence was requested back at dauntless" he said politely, Morgan rolled her eyes and took the file in her hands, she stood up and gave Eric a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll be back as soon as possible" she whispered. She said her goodbyes and Johan smiled at her. As soon as she left the room Johan pulled something from under his jacket and handed it to Eric.

"I lied, but you got your leave and I didn't wanted her overthinking everything about your state. Change, you're free to leave."

Eric smiled and took the dauntless pants and shirt towards the batroom. His muscles still ached for the stillness, but the need to leave the hospital was stronger than the pain. He took a shower and changed, then inspected himself in the mirror, he actually looked good with beard and long hair. But he didn't look intimidating, like he liked to look.

He walked out without saying his goodbyes to the nurses and doctors, still, they instructed him to return in case he felt weird. As they were walking towards the train station they talked a bit

"Thank you guys for taking care of Morgan. I bet she's had it rough"

"Well you just have to thank Creed honestly, he's been with her througout the whole ordeal. Unless you're thanking me for getting her drunk when things got heavy, in that case you're welcome" they both chuckled and continued to walk towards the station, seeing that Eric couldnt really run or jump into a moving train.

Morgan made her way towards the training area, upset they had made her travel all the way to dauntless for nothing. She spotted Dominic overseeing the training of the iniciates, and made his way to him.

He was thrilled when she told him that Eric had waken up, and so was the eavesdropping Candor iniciate that was fond of Eric. Her name was Stephanie, she was a blonde, long long legs, a bubbly ass, big boobs, piercing green eyes, perfect smile. She was just perfect. She dreaded her meeting Eric. She thought he would be all over her in no time.

She stood there watching her seductively stretch and flirt with the other guys, the dauntless-born where drooling over here like crazy. She was honey to their beehive. And it was blood on the water for Morgan.

She hadn't realized that the trek towards dauntless had left her at almost time for lunch, so she just found Creed and talked his ears off about the iniciate. Creed assured her she had nothing to be jealous for, but she just wasn't buying it.

She decided to return to the practice, since Eric must be tired, he probably talked to Johan, ate and then maybe he took a nap. Only that was just wishful thinking, Eric was too restless to take a nap. She oversaw the training, and gave the iniciates some tips about the fighting stance.

She felt shivers down her spine when he spoke from behind her, his voice cold, husky. She turned to look for him, and she almost broke down crying of happiness when she saw him, standing in fronto of the mat, hands linked behind him.

"First jumper" Eric said, and looked at the gym. He saw a guy lift his hand sheepishly, is eyes sparkling with recognition "ah yes, the asshole that wanted in with my girl" he smirked "on the mat."

The guy made his way in the mat and Eric inhaled looking at the crowd, he spotted Morgan on the far corner, arms crossed. Looking as uninterested as him. He looked at a random guys near him and motioned him to get on the mat. He observed as they smiled at eacother.

"A fighting ring is the place where friendships go to die" he told them, as their smiles faded "he's not your friend, he's your enemy now. And if I see you two going soft you're out" he snapped, moving his hand over his neck in a sharp motion. He motioned at them to start. He stopped paying attention the moment Morgan stood next to the mat arms crossed, studying every single movement.

When he turned his head towards the two kids, one was on top of the first jumper, punching at his face repetedly. He stood on the mat and calmly made his way towards the fight. He tapped the one on top in the back and signaled him to leave

"Name" he demanded, the kid swallowed hard

"Andrew sir"

"Go get a nurse" Andrew sprinted towards the exit, as Eric poked at the kid with his boot. The kid bolted up and his hands moved to his swelling face "you sucked" Eric said. The kid nodded in agreement "next thing you're gonna practice tomorrow is how to avoid getting pinned again" the kid nodded again.

Andrew walked with the nurse and they removed the kid from the mat towards one of the tables to clean him up. Eric surveyed the crowd once more and his eyes landed on the girl that Morgan hated.

He immediately hated her too. She stared back, her lips curling into a grin. He hated the way she looked at him, like he was a prize she had to collect.

He motioned with his hand to make her come to the mat. Her smile faded and she walked towards the mat, with shaky strides. He laughed inwardly, she had absolutely nothing against Morgan. In the six weeks of training they had had, she had not earned one ounce of muscle. She got up on the mat and smiled seductively at him.

"Angie, on the ring" Morgan said, as she kept her eyes on Stephanie. Eric obvserved the other contender, a little but strong light brown haired girl. He smiled as he stepped out of the mat. Morgan knew how to play too. This time Eric did watch as Angie ducked the first punch, and lifted her feet to kick Stephanie in the sternum, she sent her flying down the mat, the kick and the contact on the floor had her coughing and gasping for air in a second. With quick strides Angie made her way on to kick her in the face, knocking her out.

The fights continued, Eric called one fighter and Morgan the other. As the fights progessed he could see why Morgan was so upset, and he kicked himself for it. He hadn't been there to lead, and neither had Morgan, because she was taking care of him.

Morgan dismissed the kids a few minutes before the actual class ended, she was too eager to see and made her way to him, he wrapped his arms on her waist and leaned to kiss her.

"What are you doing here?" she said before he could kiss her "did you scape the hospital? God dammit Eric" she cursed out of frustration.

"Honey" he said pulling her close "I got my leave. Johan got you to leave so you didn't do this"

Morgan sighed and placed her head on his chin, his beard scratching it. He moved to place his lips on her forehead.

"I hate myself for leaving you to deal with this alone. It's not your fault if this kids are not good".

Morgan moved her hands to his neck and she looked up at him.

"I know, and it isn't your fault either. Shit happened, we have to overcome it, not let this eat away at us. And move forward" she kissed him on the lips and took one of his hands and pulling him out of the training room.