Forty-Seven

She woke up the next day, when Eric closed the door with a slam. Morgan frowned and headed towards the door, still half sleep. She saw Eric load his gun, in full army attire. He glanced at her and placed his gun on the holster

"Factionless attacked the erudite quarters an hour ago, using our weapons. We are heading there now"

Morgan nodded and headed to the bedroom. She put on a pair or black pants, a long sleeved black tee and secured her combat boots. Eric stood beside her and she exhaled, ready to hear what she knew he was going to say

"I am coming with you Eric" she said.

"I know" she stood up and lifted her arms so Eric could put on a bullet proof vest. He secured it and then held her by the waist "do you have a bad feeling about today?" she shook her head no while frowning, he leaned to kiss her and handed her a gun "then we will be fine."

"We will. We'll come back safe and sound."

"Both" she smiled and placed his hands on his vest pulling him for another kiss.

Gunshots rang in all directions, Morgan was held up against a wall reloading her riffle. She lifted it up and shot over Eric's head to cover him, as he made his way running towards her. He reloaded as well as he heavy panted

"There's a lot of them" he said under his breath, Morgan and him were the only ones left of his unit.

"Shouldn't back up be here already?" Eric placed a bullet into place and gave her a quick nod.

"2 minutes out, we just have to hold them back"

Morgan stood next to him and shot at a factionless that was hiding against some rubble on the floor, missing him by an inch. She and Eric tried to hold back the hoard of factionless, she ran out of ammo and threw the riffle, drawing her gun from her leg holster and this time, being more careful with her ammo.

The time slowed down around her, she followed with her eyes and body as she saw a package of explosives tied with scotch tape fly above her, and land behind her. Before she could even register she lifted her hand and gripped Eric's arm.

She was blinded by he explosion, thrown backwards and went deaf before she even hit the ground. As she flutter her eyes open she felt a heavy weight crushing her into the pavement. Her legs where caught wrongly, one of her legs was more than likely broken.

She screamed, but she couldn't hear herself, she tried to move and free herself, but it was all to no avail. She placed her hands on the wall above her and pushed upwards, it didn't move an inch.

She caught a glimpse of something moving next to her and turned her head. Eric was face down, moving something above his head. He was placing his gun between the wall above him and the floor, trying to lift it up and get more space to move.

She yelled for him, but he couldn't hear her. She moved her arms towards him to catch his attention. She saw him struggle and move in the middle of the two plaques of cement. He made a face of pain and turned to look at her. She saw how his lips move to pronounce her name, she couldn't help to let go a little smile and reached his hand to him. He did the same and luckily he could reach to hold her, but not farther past her wrist. He gave her a strong shake and she looked at his lips again as he moved them to speak

"Are you ok?" she could make up. She nodded, her leg would heal. She was going to be fine. He moved his lips again but this time too fast, she frowned and shook her head. She told him she didnt understood, and tried harder to make up his words "i have a piece of metal in my side" she made up that time.

She tried to look past all the debris and the little dust suspended on the air to take a look at Eric's injuries. He just had to stay still, he would make it too.

Morgan looked upwards and felt her eyes flood with tears, she wanted out. She could hear anything around her, so she didn't know if there was still fight outside or if the reinforcement had arrived, if they would even think to look for them. She saw all of their possibilities dwindle down and she bitterly sobbed, she tried to contain herself, inhaling deeply, but she was still heart broken.

No one would think to look for them beneath the debris. Eric was going to bleed himself to death. She was going to have to bear to look at him as he took his final breath, and then it would be the excruciating await for death to come and take her as well.

She felt a rough tug on her hand and she looked at Eric

"Don't" she read in his lips "we will get out of this. Yes?" she swallowed another sob and nodded her head.

She didn't know how much time had past, she didn't know why but she didn't wanted to look at Eric. She had tried to tell him to stop struggling, that he was only going to make it worse, but if she didn't hear herself talk them less Eric would hear her. She inhaled and closed her eyes, feeling really tired. She wanted to open her eyes and find herself tangled in Eric's sheets with his hand on her hips.