Thirty

"Is somebody you care about hurt?" Luna said over her shoulder, after a long silence

"Yes" Morgan replied. She crosses her arms. Luna turned to ask her who it was, but Morgan answered before she opened her mouth "my tactical team is there. My boyfriend as well"

Morgan felt weird referring to Eric as her boyfriend. He was his couple but saying it out loud made it real. Morgan felt like crying, she hasn't realized how much she missed him. She contemplated not going to the factionless compound and resume her trek towards Amity. But it was getting dark and cold, and she didn't want to lose strength by making a fire and looking for food.

After one hour of walking they reached the compound, Morgan figured it was only a few hours away from Amity, and that made her hopeful.
Morgan knew the living conditions of the factionless were deplorable, but she could have never imagined it would be that bad. They were all dirty, she saw old man, kids laying in dirty, thin as paper mattresses on the floor everyone was yelling and angry, some of them where getting they wounds cleaned up with very unsanitary tools. Luna led her to a table where they had some crops and fruits. She took some apples and carrots, avoiding with all her being the food they served in the bowls. She sat quietly in a dim lit corner with Luna. If she got caught it would be the end for her. There was just too many of them.
Luna reassuringly told her that she could sleep, she would watch her back. Morgan told her to not let her sleep much, she wanted to reach Amity by sunrise. She reluctantly closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

Eric was fuming, going up and down the compound and yelling at the dauntless who were doing nothing. Morgan hadn't returned, his wounds were taken care of and he was ready to go and find her. But everytime a team had been dispatched towards dauntless they weren't sure he should come, and since in Amity they had administer the peace serum once, he had tried his hardest to not earn it again.

But as midnight got nearer he was loosing his patience. His palms were sweating, he was getting increasingly anxious. Everytime the train got nearer he would stand beside it, hoping with all his being that Morgan would jump off it and into his arms.
He missed her like death, he felt as if he was going mad. As if he didn't see her soon the features of her face would erase from his memory. Four had tried to talk to him, but he just blew him off angry. He knew that all he had to do was wait, and that killed him.