Thirty-Nine

He woke up before Morgan, her body was against his. He was holding her tightly by the waist, and one of his arms was bellow Morgan's head. She was facing him, theirs chests together, and Morgan's face was hidden in the curve on his neck. Their legs where mixed with eachother, and Morgan spare arm was holding his.

He didn't wanted to ruin the moment, even though the had missed breakfast by an hour, and Morgan needed all the rest she could get. He just needed her, like that, leaning against him, holding him.

He lazily started to trace circles on Morgan's back and waist, everytime he inhaled he was overwhelmed by her shampoo scent, mixed with her natural escense.

He smiled inwardly and pulled her close. He hated himself for letting her down, for loosing her trust. He still felt like he was doing the right thing by eliminating the divergent kid. But since Morgan thought otherwise, his judgment wasn't clear. Morgan's opinion was the only one's he cared about.

Morgan stirred below him and rubbed her eyes with one hand. She turned around on the bed and held Eric's hand over her stomach, pressing her back against his chest. He felt her breathing, and knew she was awake.

"I though you were inconceivable mad at me" he said, moving his thumb against her knuckles.

"It's too early to be mad" she croaked with a morning voice.

"Its 10 already" Morgan turned barely to look at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to leave?" she asked annoyed.

"No" Eric quickly replied and held her tight, she moved back to where she was and snickered.

"That's what I thought."

Morgan was now defenetly awake, but she didn't wanted to move. She had missed being like that, feeling protected. She thought the only reason for her indecision about forgiving Eric was because she was the only person she had ever loved. She knew she was a difficult woman with a weird character and sense of humor, and Eric had been the only person to love her the way she was.

Everytime she would think of leaving it all in the past the image of then kid hit her. She hated being so conflicted, she had always been the one to make things right between them if they had a fight. But now that it was up to him...

"Eric" she whispered, thinking he might be sleeping. He hummed in response and she talked again "do you remember our first kiss?"

Morgan felt his grip tightening against her waist, pulling her close, he placed his chin in her shoulder and sighed.

"Too well" he answered

"Do you remember what you thought?"

"Yeah I.... I was thinking what I would do without you now. I was, and am, head over heels for you and I don't know. I think I tried to come up with some other form of survival that didn't involve your kisses"

"And did you find any?" Eric chuckled.

"You saw my apartment, so clearly I haven't"

"Are you dying to kiss me?" she moved her head a bit towards him, to look at him from her peripheral vision.

"I am" he said shortly.

"What would you do to make me forgive you?"

"I would build a fucking time machine Morgan and redo every single fuck up I've made." Morgan moved to look at him, he was about to break down, his eyes where filled with tears.

"I was thinking of something less complicated, like you being nice maybe?" he chuckled bitterly and removed his arm from under her, laying back on the mattress.

"Kindness is not my thing Morgan" she rolled her eyes and sat on the bed looking at him.

"I know its not your thing but... You always say is hard to prove everyone wrong, but you are not trying to do anything you just let them hate you and... When I say everybody I mean everybody hates me too. And its a horrible feeling I don't understand how do you live with it?"

"I just do" he shrugged.

"But you don't have to Eric! Listen. I'm not saying that you should be nice with the people that already know you're a piece of shit" he made a face and mouthed 'thank you' sarcastically while she kept talking "but maybe you can try to be nice with the initiates?" he shook his head and chuckled.

"Listen Morgan I train soldiers, I don't need weak initiates, I have to have a heavy hand with them."

"You're trying to get me back right?" he looked away and nodded "well that's how you will do it. And as much as it also pains me and this is literally breaking me apart I will not talk to you ever again unless you show me that you want to change"

Morgan stood up from the bed and walked outside of the apartment, slamming the door. Eric stood up and grabbed an empty bottle of gin, he smashed it against the nearest wall and inhaled closing his fists.