Fifty

She snapped awake and closed her eyes quickly. She felt someone move around her and a light was turned off. She opened her eyes and spotted Creed sitting down and smiling at her

"Welcome to the land of the living" she half smiled "Eric is... Delicate" she closed her eyes "he got a lung transplant and there where a lot of transplant donors luckily. But he lost a lot of blood. He went into a coma while in surgery, now he's out but still in coma... We don't know when he'll be waking up."

Morgan shook her head and moved her hands to her eyes to dry her tears.
"Hey" he got closed and placed a hand on her shoulder "he just needs time to heal and he'll wake up. And you need to heal too, you wouldn't want him to wake up and see you all fucked up right?" she shook her head no.

"You should rest too" she said. Her voice hoarse. She cleared her throat and sat straight, he gave her a glass of water just when a doctor entered the room. He asked Morgan a few questions and did a few tests. He told her that she would be walking again, but she had to take it easy. It would take some more time for her bones to get stronger, but with a cast and some help she could move around the hospital.

Creed had stayed next to her the whole time. When the doctor left he said

"I think he knew someday something was gonna happen to him. He asked me to take care of you, and I know you can take care of herself but you know" he smiled at her "if he trusted me enough to ask me to take care of his girl then I'm gonna do it and I'm gonna do it right."

Morgan tried to smile, but the statement had made her a lot more sad. She felt like crying again, but she inhaled and composed herself. She had to be strong for Eric.