Fifty-One

Morgan stepped away from the bed and snuck her hands on her oversized hoodie, more like Creed's normal hoodie that was way too big for her. It had been 2 weeks. Her broken leg was casted, her other leg was wrapped at the ankle because they had found a fisure, and knowing her she would quickly sprain it then break it, so they had been preventive and wrapped it still.

She moved slowly towards the room where Eric was, she had only been given updates be Creed, who hadn't left her side, not even once.

When she reached room 209 she saw Four exit, she frowned at him and he gave her a quick sad smile. He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it tight

"Be brave Morgan."

Morgan inhaled and entered, with Creed at her heels. As soon as she crossed the door she stopped dead in her tracks.

There were innumerable amounts of tubed and cables leaving Eric's sleeping state, he had a mask conected to an artifical breather, since he couldn't breathe on his own. A doctor moved past her and gave her a run down of Eric's state. As she listened she found herself gripping Creed's hand with a little too much force, but he didn't say a thing.

The doctors told her that they had to keep him in a coma until his body had healed enough to bear the consequences of a recovery later on. He was very weak, had lost a lot of blood, they didnt know how he would react to the fact that now he had another dauntless' lung breathing instead of his. Morgan almost broke in tears when the doctor told her that he was more than likely not going to make it, even if he did wake up, the collateral damage was going to be too much for him to handle.

Morgan calmed herself down as Creed patted her on the back, the doctor gave her a sad smile and left. Morgan turned to Eric and walked slowly to him. She sat next to him on the bed and held his cold hand in hers.

"He's not dying" she said after a bit of silence. Creed was looking at Eric too while his arms were crossed at his chest. He glanced at Morgan as she glanced at him "not if i can avoid it"

"Morgan..."

"Stop" she snapped upset and turned to look at Creed "Alright? I don't want to hear it. Eric has been to only thing right in my life, being his girl is the only thing I can be proud of and I will not let him die." she shook her head and moved her hands placing it in his chest, she rubbed it with her thumbs and sighed.

Quickly they where ushered by the doctors, and seeing that Morgan didn't intend to move he moved beside her and held her by the waist to help her up. She was really affected, he had to get her out and talk some sense into her, but he would do it when later, when she cooled down a bit.