Thirty-One

Morgan was shaken awake by Luna. She placed her index finger on her lips signaling her to be quiet and helped her up. There was some factionless still up and at it, and Morgan got really anxious when he passed by any of them, as if they could see through her and find out her true nature. Luna led her outside and she spotted two guards standing outside one of the gates

"We're here to relieve you guys" Luna said. Both the guards stared at eachother and one of them handed Luna a gun. When the guards were far enough, Luna opened the gate with a code and let her out.

Morgan stepped outside and heard the gate shut down behind her. She turned around and frowned.

"What are you doing?" she said whispering.

"I cant leave Morgan" Morgan stepped closer to the gate, but Luna pointed at her with her gun.

"Luna" Morgan said calmly lifting her arms in defeat "if you stay here, you will die OK? Dauntless are most likely planning a course of action, they will kill the factionless you need to come!"

Luna clicked a bullet into place and shook her head.

"Go before I start yelling, then you won't have a chance to live."

Morgan sighed and backed out, her eyes still on Luna. When she was far enough and saw Luna put the gun down she turned around and broke into a sprint. When she reached the treeline and was sure there was no one following her she resumed walking towards Amity.

She calculated there was still 3 hours until sun rise. After a while she fastened her pace, knowing that she didn't wanted to get caught in the daylight and so close from a factionless compound. After some hours, she took the factionless jacket off. It was then when she noticed a scratch on her arm, probably the graze of a bullet that almost caught her. She grabbed the hem of her shirt and ripped it, making the shirt into a top, and bandaged her arm. The sun was beginning to rise, and it shone on her face as she got nearer to Amity.

When she used her hand to block the sun from her eyes she saw the gate that separated the city from the Amity compound. She smiled and broke into a sprint towards the gate. When she reached it she stumbled into some amity girls that where carrying buckets of milk for breakfast.

She asked them if they had seen Eric, but none of them knew who he was.

"Morgan!" she turned around and ran towards Dominic to embrace him "thank god you're fine, Eric has been the spawn of the devil ever since he lost sigh of you"

"Where is he?" she asked letting go.

"He's getting ready to head to dauntless, go" he pushed her in the direction of Amitie's dinner, the big Amity tree surrounded by tables, enclosed by big window panes , she surrounded it, looking desperately for Eric.

She caught movement to her left, and saw a group of dauntless huddled around a table, and with them she saw Eric, pointing furiously at a map.

She again broke into a sprint towards him, and when she was halfway there she yelled for him. His eyes met hers and he also broke into a sprint meeting her halfway. When his arms grabbed, his lips desperately looking for hers, Morgan broke down crying and pressed his lips against hers.

She held him tight by his bulletproof vests, as his hand trekked up and down her back and neck, his lips still hungrily over hers. When the parted Eric looked at her and cupped her face in his hands

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" he scolded her and kissed her again "you had me worried sick Morgan"

Morgan's shook her head as if asking him to shut up and grabbed him by the neck, kissing him once more

"We have no time" he shut her up with a kiss "you need to call for a meeting, dauntless is not the only faction they're going for" she said hurriedly.