end [and so...]

Time: 4 years into the future

Location: unknown

-

The morning was quiet. 

Hardly a sound could be heard from the corridors of the home. Bright light splashed against the wooden furniture as soft breathing broke the silence. Pink lace trim bordered a dark cocoa colored cradle that slowly rocked in the corner of the painting room. 

Murals of falling blossoms and sunflower fields surrounded the woman who watched her child.

Pale skin accentuated dark bags that reflected lack of sleep and worry. Dressed in nothing but a thin creme laced night gown, she peered into the cradle and smiled at the sight. The tiny baby let out an enormous yawn before closing his eyes, finally settling down in the early hours of the morning. 

Her bones felt heavy, eyes threatening to close and shut. The diamond covering her ring finger caught the morning sunlight to reflect the fragments of color on the walls.

Wind from a nearby open window rustled a ceiling mobile of the planetary system that spun in circles. She leaned over, brushing her finger tips against the baby's soft skin. 

Her entire world was before her, curling into the warm of her hand. 

A door opened and closed behind her, startling the woman into turning around. She was met with a young man, still brushed with sleep and dressed in nothing more than a large robe. He walked over, and peered in as well. His fingers wrapped themselves around her waist.

And the two of them stared into their world. All regrets and uncertainties were washed away at the sight of their creation. 

No words were exchanged, only slight touches and the continuous rocking of the crib. Finally, he pulled away and guided her to do the same. Their shared bedroom had been the room all the way down the hall.

His study, which was now turned into their own personal area, still marred several oil paintings and books that aged fairly well. She stumbled slightly from the fatigue that fogged her head. He had done his best to lead them into the room.

The woman crashed down onto the bed, not bothering to bring the covers up or placing a pillow beneath her head. She was simply too exhausted.

Another figure slid in next to her, sweeping aside the hair that covered her face. Her sleepy gaze was trained onto him who seemed to glow from the beam of light behind. He gave her a small smile that told her everything she needed. 

It wasn't as if speaking took too much effort, but the way he entangled their fingers and brought himself in to kiss her was worth so much more.

Wrapping the blanket around them both, she shut her eyes and snuggled in closer to him. This would be one of the only proper sleep sessions she would be allowed before the baby was up again. Every night at 11, the fussy child would refuse to turn in. 

Sighing, she rid the thoughts from her head and only focused on the heat radiating off her significant other.

'It was my turn tonight,' his mellow voice half-whispered these words into her ear.

Groaning, she knew exactly what he had been talking about.

'By all means, if you're able to breast feed a child then be my guest to take care of him.' 

Laughing, he used his free hand to run his fingers in her hair. 

'I just want you to be rested is all. This is the fifth night in a row that you've been gone before 12. It's always awfully lonely in the mornings.' 

She felt slightly guilty, knowing that if they had switched off, they could be covering for one another more effectively. Still, she was the mother. This little baby needed her more.

'We don't get to spend as much time anymore, there's never an 'us'. It's 'us and the baby'.' He copied her sigh, bringing his lips to meet her cheek.

Silent once more.

'I'm sorry for being selfish, you must be hurting everywhere. Are you still sensitive?' She chuckled as he jokingly patted her hips, arms, finally cupping her face with both hands.

'I'm fine, really. There's nothing wrong.' 

They stopped their shuffling as she lifted her eyelids. The painfully sharp look of adoration pierced through her like an arrow. This was the young man she had managed to hate and love simultaneously. 

She had realized that there was a certain glint in his eyes that made her feel slightly uncomfortable.

'Do you think...he'll...,' she tried to finish her statement, feeling her voice becoming hoarse.

'He will. I'm so sorry, darling, but there's nothing we could have done to stop it.' He embraced her as she tried to comprehend his sentence.

This child's future would be at stake because of his power. Because he can and will be dominant. Because someday, when his parents are gone, he'll be leading this brigade with others.

Because he is not completely human.

His leg brushed against the large scar permanently settling on the skin of her leg. She whimpered silently, moving it backwards to avoid further contact.

Their gazes met one another, his full of sympathy but hers not sympathetic enough.

'I won't convince you that your pain isn't genuine. There have been times were our trust has been tried, and days that were so thick with tension that it was suffocating. I'm sorry for everything, Ji-U. I would change the past if I could, anything for you in a heartbeat.'

It was now her that attacked his lips in a light kiss that broke the serious mood. 

As she pulled away, he brought her to rest on top of his chest. They never let go of each other's gazes, holding on as if they would fade away without the gravitational pull.

'Do you remember that day?'

Yes, she could visualize it playing out before her again. There was a pause as she pretended to be lost in thought.

'I'm not too sure, what was it you said again?'

Cheekily, he grinned and turned their bodies so he was hovering slightly over her.

'I love you, Ji-U.' A tiny kiss was placed onto her neck.

'I love you too, Kim Taehyung.'

-

.