chapter four [smoke]

I jolted out of sleep as a loud 'crash!' came from the room next to us. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I realized that I had incidentally fallen asleep on the love seat by myself, while Jungkook had been the only one sleeping on the other couch.

My feet slowly touched the cold floor, as whispers from the other room caught my attention. I slowly made my way over to the opening of what appeared to be the kitchen, painted in a pale yellow shade with a large oval shaped table stretching from one end to the other.

'I told you to shut up, now you've woken her. Idiot.' Snorting, Minji, dressed in a light pink robe, shoved a mouthful of cereal into her mouth.

My vision came short when I gazed around the room, and I touched my eyes to see exactly what was missing. My glasses were nowhere to be found.

'Good morning Ji-U, is something wrong?' The words slipped from the red-headed Jimin as I slowly nodded my head.

'Have any of you seen my glasses?'

'Jungkook was messing with them after you fell asleep, he might still have them.' A scratchy voice responded from one of the brown headed members, but I couldn't distinguish who was who.

I left my spot at the door entrance and wandered over to the youngest member's sleeping form on the couch. He clutched my glasses in one of his hands.

Sighing, I slowly attempted to lift his fingers off but only roused his in his sleep. He let out a groan while shifting positions.

I was given easier access to the glasses as the hand holding it was outstretched towards me.

'You look much better without them.' He smiled in what I assumed to be his now awake state, but I wasn't entirely sure as his eyes were still sealed shut.

After waiting a few seconds, I snatched them from his hand and placed them on the bridge of my nose, leaving the place near the couch and entering the kitchen once more.

'Take a seat anywhere, Jimin will get you something to eat.' I had recognized the blonde haired one to be Yoongi as I took an empty seat away from the rest of them.

Looking up from the newspaper, Minji looked up at a large clock hanging next to one of the windows.

'We have to hurry, Taehyung will be leaving soon.'

'All you ever talk about is Taehyung, is he really not your boyfriend?' Smirking, Jimin began to laugh with a bowl of cereal in one hand and a glass of milk in the other.

'If you don't shut your trap, I'm gonna shove that spoon so far up your ass, you'll be tasting metal til Christmas.' The rest of the guys let out a good humored chuckle, but I was still pondering over what type of people they were. The atmosphere seemed so relaxed and calm, a complete 180 from how they had all acted when I stumbled into their little parlor the night before.

The food was set in front of me, and I thanked him before picking up the glass of milk and pouring it into the cereal.

As I was about to take the first bite, footsteps came down from the staircase and everyone at the kitchen table scrambled to clear everything up before walking out of the room. Abandoning my food, I followed them all and widened my eyes as I realized the man the had taken out some of my blood, was rushing down the steps with a few documents shoved between his arm and the side of his body.

'Sir-'

'I have to deliver a few items to the mayor, it shouldn't take long. Get ready, we're leaving to visit the council when I return.'

'Including Jungkook?' Hoseok piped in the question.

'Excluding Jungkook, and the girl.' Turning my way, I caught the physical outlining and features of my kidnappers face, and I was astonished. His long eyelashes curled up, framing his large caramel colored eyes. He wasn't too tall, but was still a good head and a half taller than Minji. Dressed formally in a white collared dress shirt, and black pants, his tie hung loosely around his neck.

He reached into his pocket and pulled a cigarette out along with a lighter.

'The mayor has a no-smoking policy Taehyung, and it's starting to stink up this place.' Minji used the sleeve of her robe to cover her mouth and nose, waving the air in front of her.

'Yeah, yeah. The mayor can kiss my ass.' With those words, he slammed the door behind him and he were once again left standing in silence.

'Is he a chain smoker?' I had asked to no one in particular.

'He is, but it's only for his own good. Nicotine is said to suppress some of the cravings for blood plasma, which is why he never bites during the day. What was it he used to say about the night?' Jin answered almost immediately, looking around for another person to answer.

'The night is already filled with blood suckers that adding another one wouldn't hurt...something along those lines.' Yoongi shrugged his shoulders while walking towards the stairs.

'Let's go get ready, we've got a lot of explaining to do for the council.' Sighing, the rest of the group dispersed up the stairs, leaving me in the foyer.

-

gotta run n' do my notes-

hope you enjoyed!-

-elise