chapter twenty nine [learn your place]

Jungkook gave Taehyung an uncertain look before walking over and releasing the tight restrictions on my body. My legs trembled from the absence of pressure but the large incisions and torn skin on my knees and calves still made it hard for me to move them.

'My, still making horrible choices. Your sister is healthier, more powerful, more intelligent. Yet, you still pick the underdog. I had truly held higher expectations for you Kim Taehyung.'

'Get my sister over here immediately.' Taehyung commanded Namjoon before hurriedly exiting the white room.

'Watch over Ji-U.' Yoongi instructed Jungkook before Namjoon and him left as well. My eyes looked to see if any one else was left and found myself wondering where Jin was. He normally was second highest in commanding others, but there was no trace of him.

An intense silence filled the room as neither of us dared to look at each other. I kept my bleeding hand down and used the other to slowly cover it, trying to stop the blood flood by adding pressure. A wince involuntarily escaped dry lips as I accidentally rubbed against the open wound.

Minutes passed by without another sound to break the tension. I was sure that one of us would crack and begin an argument that had the potential to drag on, but one never came. There was so much that I needed to ask, to say to him at the very least.

'Ju-'

'Yoongi has been in on this the entire time. Everything he's said to you that made you feel special, just forget it Ji-U. He didn't mean anything by saying any of that bull shit.' Jung kook cut off my statement before I had time to ask him something, and even in my injured state, I still found it infuriating.

'Why don't you listen to me before answering a question?,' I growled, shifting to sit up on the flat hospital bed.

'Are you insinuating that everything anyone around here says is also shit? Is this just a cluster fuck of lies that are being spread from one end of the spectrum to the other? I've been tormented physically and emotionally for nearly a year, and I don't even get and explanation as to why I'm here?'

Jungkook snapped his head, disgust present in his deep amber gaze.

'You're the self-proclaimed slut, of course we've been feeding you lies. Did you actually expect any of us to 'love you?' After the stunt you pulled with Yoongi?' He leaned in closer to my face, still looking down at an angle to prove his authority over my own.

'Your time is running out Ji-U. Once Taehyung's sister arrives, you'll be done for.'

I backed away angrily, fuming as he moved. In my mind, I had known what was taking place but the hope was keeping me from accepting the truth. Perhaps, I reasoned, if I had accepted this fate earlier, the attachments I made with everyone would be non-existent.

'Jungkook, do you remember when your sister came to visit us? You had attacked her, she was bleeding everywhere but she still felt comfortable enough to be around you. Then I left the house with Jimin and we visited Sae-Bin's grave. If Jimin knew that she was still alive, why did he continue to leave those items for her?'

'We didn't find out she was alive until Namjoon told us just now. Had we known earlier, Jimin would have left us to search for her. I suspect that's why that fact has been kept a secret...'

'If you kill me now...,' I reasoned slightly with him, 'then Taehyung would be forced to produce an heir with his own sister. Is that why incest is such a common factor among vampires? Especially you and your own sister?'

He wrapped his hands on my shoulders pushing me against the mattress and staring down at me with such ferocity.

'Don't you dare bring my sister into this,' he had snarled. 'She has nothing to do with whatever is going on in the current situation.'

The sound of the flapped doors alerted the both of us and Jungkook released me instantly.

'Taehyung.' Jungkook bowed his head slightly, keeping his eyes on the floor.

'What were you doing with Ji-U?' His tone held a note of suspicion as he raked his gaze from my exhausted figure to Jungkook's now bloody hands.

'I was just teaching her where her place stood, sir.'

Not phased by his answer, he beckoned Jungkook to follow.

'Bring the girl as well, my sister has finally arrived.'

Jung kook placed his hands under my broken knee caps and on the small of my back. I cried out in pain as he lifted me, my knees bending around the placement of his hands as more blood oozed out.

'Jungkook, let me down!' My shrill voice came out in a gasp as he continued towards the door, ignoring me and walking forwards.

We passed by the dark, rotting room as the leak stains on the ceilings opened up to reveal the brightness of day outside. The moths continued to flutter around the lamps although they were off.

My hands and legs pulsed with aching as I could only concentrate on how everything had stung and bled. 'When we get out, I expect you to walk on your own, this is entirely too disgraceful for me, Ji-U.' The coldness returned in his voice as I thought out loud.

'How do you expect me to walk when I can't stand?' I hissed in pain as a box brushed past the cut on my right leg.

'Figure it out,' he replied nonchalantly before walking through another set of doors. Everyone was either seated on the stools or leaning against the large, wooden table still littered with a few cards.

Jungkook let me go, dropping my legs onto the floor, but they gave way.

'Jesus! What happened to her, Taehyung?!' The high pitch of a female did nothing to sooth my ears as the young woman ran to my rescue. She straightened out my legs on the dingy floor, allowing me to rest my head against the side of the wall.

'Ah, so this is the young Ji-U. I was beginning to think I'd never meet her.' A deep male's voice belonging to an older middle aged man spoke out.

Everyone had their eyes resting icily on my wounds and my battered face except for Jimin who had gone between me and staring at Sae-Bin.'

He was right, she wasn't short from being perfect in terms of looks. Her long, dark brown hair cascaded down her back in short waves, the resemblance to Taehyung in her facial features were uncannily similar.

'Now that we're here, let's talk.' The older gentleman's eye twitched slightly as Sae-Bin inched further towards Jimin, her hand still covering her mouth.

-

i'm back with a friend who doesn't know the difference between sugar and fairy dust

honestly danny, idk what to do with you

-elise and a very sleepy danny