chapter twenty seven [nowhere]

My feet hurriedly stepped down the stairwell, trying to reach the first floor. A tiny chip in the concrete of a step tripped me, my legs buckling from under and I painfully tumbled down a flight of stairs. Blood smeared on my knee caps and legs from a large wound that pulsed in the chilly air.

Faint steps were heard from above, coming closer and closer to my crumpled form on the floor. I attempted to stand but the wound was beginning to gush out too much blood. Soon the reek of iron was all I could smell.

I was sure he could smell it as well. The steps became slower, as if he knew he had won this pitiful game of cat and mouse. With his hands in his pockets, he stepped down the stairs that had caused this incident in the first place.

Leaning back against the concrete, a tiny yell escaped my lips to anyone that might be around. He only chuckled, a wisp of white puffed from his lips due to the winter air. As he drew closer, the pain in my legs became unbearable, the feeling of multiple snapped ligaments or possibly even bones.

'Tonight was the full moon, Taehyung, just like you asked.'

He delivered a harsh blow to the side of my head, and all consciousness slipped away from me.

-

A reel of memories had flashed by in a few instances, my conscience showing me of all the events that had occurred until this moment. I couldn't process who was who as the blurry pictures flew by, and none of them had made any sense.

I wondered if this was the end, and I even began to wonder how my mental processes could show me anything if I wasn't properly awake.

I jolted when the feeling of icy cold metal touched my wrists and ankles, shackling me down onto a plush mattress.

Soft satin covered my eyes, blocking everything out except for the bright lighting that managed to seep through the material. All energy had been drained from the body and the sharp throbbing was still prevalent in both of my legs.

Footsteps shuffled around where I had been held captive, fingers touching my injured knee cap from time to time. A slight whimper left my parted lips as they had pressed down particularly hard.

'Taehyung,' a female's voice rings out through the silence, 'it's infected.'

A strange calmness courses through my veins, lethargy slowly taking over my heightened sense. Someone sticks a strange stick that tastes horribly bitter and pungent through my lips. I found myself relaxing with the pain less distracting.

'Just do it.' Some distance away form where I had been strapped down, a merciless voice replies back.

I'm not aware of what is happening next as I can hardly keep my thoughts in order. Then the feeling of my skin tearing open near my wound creates a large pounding above my right eye. The numbing effect allows me only to feel a portion of the agony as the person cuts deeper and deeper into my flesh.

I can feel my breath rate increasing while my heart continually pumps out blood to compromise for all that I have lost. It feels as if it will burst from my chest at any moment.

Then, the blinds are removed from my eyes. My sight is blurry without the aid of my glasses along with the uncomfortable stinging from both of my legs. The entirety of the situation has yet to dawn on me, and I'm not surprised that the last thing I remember is how I came to be stuck in this position. I ran away from two dogs who herded me closer to my fate.

Torment and gore were the only things that had awaited for me to fall into their trap.

My spectacles, now scratched and chipped in several places, were placed back onto my eyes. I felt nauseated as the strong prescription increased my headache.

The familiar pink hair was now cut short and uneven, braided slightly to the side. Minji held my gaze, seriousness had been replaced by anger. Shaking her head, she slowly turned and walked away without a word, tossing down pliers onto a metal tray.

I was in the same room that I had encountered on that first night. The same straps and metal chuckles were used to bind me against the examination table which had been replaced with an actual bed. Large white sheets covered the white cabinets and several boxes scattered along the floor.

'Minji-'

'I can't watch.'

My eyes followed her as she brushed past several figures on her way out, opening the flapped door to excuse herself. All was silent except for the sound of a liquid dripping against the floor. I dared to look down, faced with the blood that ran from the gruesome wounds on my leg and off the mattress.

'Taehyung, I can't do this.' A soft voice, barely above a whisper spoke out from the standing figures wearing the same rabbit masks from the same strange ritual. Their chilling stares rested on me.

'Isn't this what you've been waiting for, Jungkook? I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself from the crimes you've committed. You were able to do it before, so what's stopping you now?' He took a few steps towards me, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a tiny retractable paring knife.

'Look at her Taehyung, she's no-'

'Yoongi never forced her to run away, that was a decision she made on her own. Ji-U was too busy whoring around to understand the detriments that she's brought about to us. We can't keep her, Jungkook, I need you to understand that.'

'Now, go on with your initiation or I'll have you killed by a member of your own mates.' The urgency in his voice grew overwhelmingly so, to the point where shouting would be the next step over.

Slowly, the faint outline of a person rose from his seat on a large wooden table as he took calculated steps towards the table. If it had not been for the drug in my veins, I would have surely been screeching out of pure fear for the unknown. But because my judgement was clouded, I could only sit and watch as he removed the mask.

A deep scratch from under his eye to to the beginnings of his jawline. He removed the large hood from his deep navy sweater that seemed ragged and dusty. He held my gaze, desperation in his eyes as he saw me in my state.

In one clean motion, he undid one strap to release my limp hand before plunging his fangs into my wrist.

'Have you come to love everyone, Ji-U?' The words were spoken by another individual across the room, but it rang loud and clear in my head.

-

song for this chapter: running out by matoma orrrrr house of cards/dead leaves by bts

;_;

-elise and danny