chapter eight [visitors]

His eyes stared me down, mere inches from my own face. I could feel my breathing escalate as I attempted to back away from the razor sharp teeth. Clumsily, I tripped over my own feet as they lunged for my neck. A blood curling scream escaped my lips as the excruciating pain filled my system. My hands tried to push the figure away but it was futile, they were just too strong.

My eyes flew open as thunder sounded from outside once more. I couldn't control the sweat forming at my hairline or the rate of my heartbeat. Placing my hand onto my heart, my mind continued to reel as the images of the inhuman creature flashed briefly.

I swung my feet around the side of the bed before pressing my toes onto the cold floor. Because of the storm raging on outside, all exhaustion and sleep escaped from my conscious state.

I led myself outside of my room and into the hallway. Whispers and thuds came from downstairs as I furrowed my brows in confusion.

It was very late into the night, everyone had already been sleeping before I headed off as well.

Quietly, I snuck through the dark corridor and to the entrance of the stairs, straining to hear who was up at this hour.

The voices were deep, belonging to two or more males form the lightened living room.

The first step down creaked slightly, but the people in the room over took no notice and continued on with their conversation. I reached the midway point and was thankful that the shadow of the railing hid most of my body away.

I tried to descend down the second flight of stairs, but my feet slipped out from underneath my body and I crashed onto one of the steps.

The talking was cut to silence as I cursed silently to myself for being so clumsy.

'Someone is fucking there, I heard it.'

'I thought you said everyone was asleep upstairs.'

'Obviously not, go check it out.' I scrambled up to my feet, but before I could hit the landing, a hand shot out and grabbed my wrist.

I turned around and nearly fell back down in shock. A man wearing a rabbit mask brought the tip of his pocket knife to my throat.

'Looks like we've got ourselves a rat.' He dragged me to my feet and down the rest of the steps until we reached the living room.

More men with rabbit masks sat around the room, surrounding another figure who lay on the floor.

The grip on my wrist was released and I fell to the floor with a thud.

'Taehyung, who the hell is this? I caught her on the stairs.' Snickering, the man leaned across the arm of a chair with his arms folded across his chest.

I refused to make eye contact with anyone else in the room except for the slouched figure a few inches away from me. Large, pointed ears sprouted from the head, along with a tiny cotton tail in the back. It seemed eerily similar to the creature I had been faced with that night in the backroom.

The 'thing' looked up slowly, making eye contact with me and suddenly the fright I had built up was overflowing.

It was him, the face was the same except for whiskers that came out of the sides of his nose. The disturbing image of a half rabbit, half human would forever be scorned into my mind.

My limbs began to tremble as he slowly rose to his feet, the large sweater hanging off of one of his shoulders.

'Looks like we won't need to go hunting tonight. The weather is shitty anyways...'

Another man with his legs crossed spoke from across the room, chuckling under his mask.

'Fresh blood for you boss.'

My hands scratched at the hardwood floors as I tried to crawl backwards, but the weight of another body pinned me down seconds after.

I widened my eyes as the feral beast flashed its sharp fangs before plunging them into the side of my neck.

The same searing pain returned as the healing wound on my neck was ripped open once more. A strangled cry left my lips and the previous dream I had that night flashed before me.

The wet blood began to seep into my hair, creating a red, sticky clump. I could hear the men talking once more through my pained state.

The fangs continued to draw blood for a few more seconds before they extracted themselves.

My head felt helium-light as I blinked a few times to rid of the fireworks of light obscuring my vision.

The once crazed animal was now tamed, blood dripping down from the sides of his mouth as he continued to stare into my eyes.

'What the hell are you doing down here?' All of his featured transformed back into a human, and I was left utterly confused at what had just happened.

'Wh-'

'Get upstairs. Now.' Without questioning any further, I stumbled into an upright position and fled up the staircase, gripping onto new wound for the collection on my neck.

'That must be your new blood bank, ey boss?'

One of the men's comment was the last I heard before I slammed my door shut behind me.

-

i feel like a cast member of unfriended while typing in my dark closet

chapter is bleeeehhhh, sorry

enjoy!-

-elise