chapter twenty eight [loose ends meet]

'Jungkook...,' I pleaded softly, 'are you going to kill me?'

He ignored my question, breaking eye contact and focusing solely on the blood now running down my wrist. With my knee busted and several puncture wounds littering my skin, death seemed to be the only option more painful.

Even so, I wouldn't have to live through the traumatizing events to come.

'Miss Ji-U, I would hate to have to repeat my question again.' The voice grew stronger, two individuals who stood side by side with their arms crossed.

I shook my head, finding my voice, 'How is it that I can love anyone if I'm acting like an air headed whore all the time? Surely one who thinks only of sex is driven by lust and not love.'

'The most intelligible response I've heard from you, I'd like to think.' He chuckled, tilting his head back before placing his hand on the other person's shoulder.

'You've housed her well, she's starting to sound like you when you visit the council. Perhaps she's been spending most of her time especially with you, yes?'

'No, like I've stated she's too busy selling her body to the others in the household to even look at me.' Scoffing, he removed his mask, looking away in irritation.

Namjoon took off his own as well, revealing a tight frown. 'How unfortunate. No heir to take over the Illex's or the Allaria's. She was our only salvation. However, I'd heard some surprising news circulating around dealing with...I'm sorry, what was your sister's name again Taehyung?'

Taehyung grit his teeth at the mention of his dead relative. 'Kim Sae-Bin.'

'Ah yes, the next heir who supposedly died of pneumonia after attempting to run away with one of your men.' Jimin tensed slightly in his seat as he was implicitly spoken about.

'I've heard from your uncle that she is alive and well.'

'That's impossible, she died that night. I saw her with my own eyes.' Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion, turning towards Namjoon who now had a slight smirk tugging on his lips.

'Yes Taehyung, but have you forgotten that she was birthed by an immortal? No one would dare try to kill either of you, I thought you knew this.'

Taehyung sighed, beckoning Jungkook to come closer to him. I held my breath as he ran his fingers along my face one last time with sorrow filled eyes. Then, he stood and walked away, leaving me to sink into the feeling of his touch.

'Before I turn completely immortal, I must kill first. My sister brought an end to my mother once she began her relationship with my father. Jimin was just an obstacle she used so she could finally become queen of the council. She was not capable of loving.'

Jimin let out a choked sob, finally standing and pushing his way out of the room.

Another stood up to leave after him but was stopped abruptly by Namjoon.

'Let him, Hoseok, he's an idiot for falling for Sae-Bin anyway.'

'I don't think leaving him alone is a very good idea, sir.' Hoseok left after him, tossing down Namjoon's arm.

'Your men have no respect for authority, Taehyung, but I expected nothing less.' Clearing his throat, he had gone back to his spiel before being interrupted.

'Taehyung the point is, your sister is alive. She's most likely living under the care of your aunt and uncle who have done well in keeping her hidden from the rest of the council.'

Taehyung ran his hand through his hair in distress, losing his composure quickly.

'What do you expect me to do? I can't simply ask to see her after all these years. It's not that easy, Namjoon.'

Laughing, Namjoon dug for something in a nearby box, looking up at the rest of the members who had stayed behind.

'Interbreeding does not interfere with vampire genetics. There's always the option of-'

'I swear to God Namjoon, if you're implying- no, there's no way in Hell.'

'The Illex's will have an heir that rightfully belongs to them to rule, it would benefit you and your kind only. I'm trying to help you here.'

'Why? You've caused nothing but trouble for the past hundreds of years. What are you trying to do, Kim Namjoon?'

I cowered back slightly as Taehyung suspiciously unfolded his arms, squinting his eyes in disbelief. If there were to be a fight that broke out between the two clans, then tensions would run thicker than before. The pain reliever began to wear off, and I was starting to feel the effects of the deep wounds on my legs and my unmoving arm.

'The council wants us to unite as one dominant clan that rules over all other vampires, that way fights and unpopular opinions are less likely to weaken one another. It seems the only sensible option at this point. If an heir coming from your clan is born within a few years, that will be the final step in merging us together.'

'Why don't you produce an heir? You're the leader of the Allaria's.'

'Might I remind you that you've got the one who was supposed to produce yours strapped onto a table  in front of you?'

Taehyung looked away, speechless at last. He grimaced at the mere sight of me, looking towards Yoongi, who had also tossed away his mask.

'Why hadn't you carried out what I asked of you?'

'Sir, she ran out on her own accord and nearly killed herself on the steps. I found it rather improper to try anything on her while she was bleeding out and screaming like a mad woman. My next assumption was that you would know what to do with her.' The blonde headed man accepted the knife that Taehyung passed him, setting down the dangerous blade on the table.

'Such useless men. I ask of one thing and no one can carry it out.'

'Yes Taehyung, but that would be cheating the system. You must be the one to impregnate the girl, no one else. The council would find out immediately.'

'You'd better choose Taehyung, it's your sister or this crippled girl over there.' Namjoon stared down at Taehyung accusingly, pointing a finger towards him.

A brief flash of indecisiveness was present in Taehyung's tired eyes. He kept his gaze on the knife Yoongi had placed down on the table.

'Jungkook, go untie her.'

-

when you wanna study for finals but are finally infired to redo a story

gosh dang it, danny, please go study

-elise and danny