chapter one [bunny]

'Let's see what this one can do, stand up.' I moved to straighten my back when another hooded figure spoke softly.

'We should take her round back first, I don't think he'd appreciate your idiotic decisions.'

Groaning, my interrogator spit his speck of gum onto the messy floor. 'Get the keys, we're going now. Come one.' He reached for my arm but I flinched back quickly, my heart beginning to speed up again.

'Come on.' Through gritted teeth, he latched onto my arm and dragged me up into a standing position. One of the men searched through a cabinet located underneath the buzzing television set. He pulled out a ring of keys while trying to find which one he needed to use.

It was then that I had noticed a slightly discolored door near the back of the room. Torn drapes hung above it and the wood seemed to have been scratched out by an animal is giant claws. The wood shavings collected on the floor mingled with several more empty cans.

The dark lighting made it hard for me to navigate without tripping over unknown objects on the floor or crashing into corners.

As the door was unlocked and opened, the rest of the mysterious group filed into the new room and I was dragged in as well.

Boxes and filing cabinets piled up with a strong stench of alcohol, mold and freshly printed paper. Three dim lamps hung from the ceiling that was nearly bare as most of the paint had been peeled off by water leaks. Moths were drawn to the lights, fluttering around them in circular motions.

The guy's grip tightened on my arm while we traveled around the maze-like set-up towards the very left side of the storage area.

'He's not going to like this, I'm telling you. We've all seen it happen so many times, what makes you think this will be any different?' The shortest man grumbled out loud to break the silence.

'Shut up and keep moving.'

There lie two doors, similar to ones you'd find in a restaurant or butcher shop. Bright white light seeped through the tiny windows, and it only intensified when we entered another strange room.

It was cold, the temperature seeming to have decreased by at least 50 degrees. My eyes drifted to a large examination table with buckles and straps stained in white bleach it seemed. Along the sides of the room were steel sinks and even more cabinets, each were labeled in large block writing.

I stumbled over my own feet, crashing into the man holding onto my wrist. He let out an irritated hiss before dragging me a little further and placing me onto the pure white examination table.

There came a large rustling noise, like teeth and claws fighting against metal. I froze in place as another man took hold of my limbs and fastened the buckles around my ankles, legs, arms and wrists.

'W-what are you doing?' A tremble shook through my vocal cords, distorting my words and making fear run thick through my blood.

Instead of answering me, the man simply turned on a surgical lamp from above and adjusted it to face me.

'He's out, take a mask.' The entire process that followed was so strange, I hadn't had time to understand anything that had been going on.

Each of the men walked over to a large wooden crate situated on the floor near the table. They all took out a white mask, marring the features of a rabbit. Before I could question them any further, I came face to face with a creature I could not identify to be human.

It's legs and arms were extended much like a humans, but they were covered in fur and large paws were where the hands and feet were supposed to be. Two long, narrow ears stuck out from its head, a cotton ball tail sticking out from its rear. With rabbit like teeth and a large pink nose, it began shuffling towards the table, eyeing me down with two beady eyes. The fright had frozen all of my physical body. I couldn't even release a scream.

As it approached closer and closer, I fought against the restraints, trying to crawl back away from it although I knew it was impossible.

One large paw was placed on the table, mere inches away from my head. The deranged rabbit's eyes slanted slightly as it observed the rest of the body, trailing up to my lensed eyes.

My breathing rate came out in desperate pants as it reached out and placed its paws on my shoulders. I found my voice, screaming through my dry throat and parched lips.

The feeling of its sharp teeth coming into contact with my neck brought a new course of pain. Tears managed to slip past my closed eyelids as its teeth sank deeper and deeper into my jugular vein. Through the crazed screaming and chaos, I began to feel light headed, light spots appearing in my vision.

The thing began to suck harshly as it collected my blood greedily with force. The sharp pain began to decline as it slowed down its pace. It was almost too rough, tearing into my flesh without a care and trying to get the majority of the fluids into its mouth.

A raspy tongue was drawn over the puncture wound upon its release, but it wasn't the scratchy texture I had expected. It was smooth and moist, much like a humans.

Through my blurry vision and nausea, I opened one eye slowly.

The humanoid-rabbit was no more, replaced by an actual human. His child-like features were stained with my own crimson blood as he wiped his mouth his his ragged sweater sleeve.

I was staring at a young-man, dressed in ripped clothing with a feral look in his eyes. He was no different than a wild animal from the woods.

But though he appeared dirtied and crazed, his facial features were delicate, feminine against the stark contrast of the grime and blood. He was breathtaking.

Turning his head to the other men, he removed their masks and pulled down their hoods.

'What the hell took you guys so long? I was beginning to rot back here.'

-

back in business, aye?

-elise