chapter eighteen [fuzzy]

The feeling of a moist water droplet rolled down his face, resting between the crevices of our connected lips. I pulled away, and immediately looked up towards the sky. Harsh winds had blown storm clouds across the sky to cover the once sunny and clear opening. Shadows rushed in, covering the entire field and woodland in a depressing gray shade.

A caramel burst of light from the sun was soon blanketed and completely gone within a matter of minutes.

But no rain had fallen yet.

Looking back down, the feeling of guilt clutched at my innards, tearing me apart from the inside as I stared at his own face.

Our eyes were locked in a silent conflict, both peering out of the comfort of our lenses. The petrifying expression as he sat paralyzed in shock hurt me more than anything, especially knowing that I was the main cause of it.

Before I could stand up and take my leave from the mess I had caused, his arm shot out to pull my body closer. The feeling of his lips smashed against my own was intensified as the grip on my arms tightened.

The warm flesh molded perfectly around my own as his teeth grazed my lower lip.

A sudden downpour of freezing water from above had broken the moment, separating the two of us in the cold climate. Our clothes had soaked through completely, in a few moments, and the plain white shirt I was wearing had become slightly see-through.

'It's raining.' My voice rose slightly above a whisper as I peered at the dark ashy colored clouds.

Without saying another word, he stood and dragged me into a standing position before making his way back the way we had come, leaving behind the grave and flower crown that had managed to fall a few steps in front of the dirt mound.

-

'Where the hell have you two been?'

Drenched and chilled, we both stood in the foyer of the house. A lamp softly glowed up the living room in front of Minji who sat on the edge of the seat with a book in hand.

Looking at each other, I finally replied in a soft voice.

'We were just taking out on a walk.'

Snorting, she bookmarked her page and lay the book down on a nearby coffee table.

'You two missed a pretty good fight. God, if only you had been here to see it. Pathetic.' Hopping off the seat, she made her way towards the stairs and climbed it quickly, leaving us both in the doorway with minimal lighting.

The silence that greeted us was unsettling and I decided to break the unwanted tension.

'I should probably go up to my room for today. I feel like I need a good rest.'

Jimin's grasp on my hand wouldn't slacken, although he had heard me clearly.

The crackling thunder rung above the house, shaking the structure and making him flinch in the process. A slight tremor in his hands and arms had given me all the confirmation I needed.

'Jimin, are you scared of thunderstorms?' Refusing to make any sort of eye contact, he merely nodded his head in response.

'Do you want me to keep you company?'

As if to answer my question, he began to walk towards the staircase and ascended up into the leading corridor filled with everyone's rooms. My feet tread lightly against the wooden flooring behind his.

All the doors were shut to signify the tension that still had sparked between all the members of the household. The third door on the right was opened as he pushed it open to reveal his own bedroom.

The interior was coated with an olive paint coat, a simple dresser and desk were on opposite sides of the queen sized bed. No pictures or paintings hung on his walls, leaving most of the glory in the minimalistic approaches that seemed to be a shared theme in the entire manor.

He sat on the vintage rug, leaning his back against one of the walls with his legs reached far out. I took a seat besides him, not sure exactly what I could say to justify my actions.

'Why would you do it Ji-U?' His voice had toned down considerably, his hand grazing his knees visible through the ripped jeans. 'In the presence of Sae-Bin. She's already been torn apart, so why would you provoke her even more?'

I was at a loss of words, fumbling with a piece of stray string from the loose ends of the rug, twirling it around between my fingers.

'You did it make Taehyung angry, didn't you? To make Jungkook and Taehyung jealous?'

Looking away, he slowly grasped my chin to tilt it upwards, giving him a full view of my face.

'All you had to do was ask, Ji-U. But leading me outside and unexpectedly kissing me in a sacred area, that wasn't...right.'

'You have two people who both chase after you relentlessly, and even though it doesn't seem that way, it's the truth. Stop trying to convince yourself that doing these weird acts with another will momentarily distract you from reality.'

'What if I'm not pretending? Maybe my feelings for your are genuine.' I met his bold gaze back, not able to turn away or hide the rising heat in my cheeks.

Leaning forward, he spoke quietly into my ear, caressing the side of my face.

'Then prove it.'

-

brrrrrrrrrrrr- it's nipple cutting glass cold 

don't worry, jimin will warm up your soul

oh yes

-elise