chapter twenty six [try]

Taehyung always made a habit of folding the sleeves on his shirt in the morning. He never put the cap on the toothpaste properly and would make a watery mess when brushing his teeth. Giant puddles would form on the floor beneath him, splashing off of the countertops.

During breakfast, he would always break off the corners of his toast and only chew on one side of his mouth while reading the daily newspaper sprawled in front of him. Whenever interesting discussion would rise from the silence, he would perk up slightly but look around afterwards to see if anyone had caught him out of his cool demeanor.

He would shuffle through the mail between phone calls, writing down confidential information all the while remembering to respond appropriately to the caller.

In the evenings when the day was done and over with, the scent of peppermint tea would waft throughout the entire manor. And although he would be cooped away most times in his room, I still believe that his soft muttering and whispering could be heard in the night air flowing down the hall.

I simply realized it was the smallest, simplest gestures that I was missing out on the most. The way he would attempt to hide his lit cigarette from me, or replace coffee flavored lollipops with nicotine to please my sensitive lungs.

He wasn't a blood thirsty monster that everyone feared.

He wasn't the power hungry leader of the Illex clan.

He wasn't the crude man that was only interested in creating the perfect heir.

But I feared that this realization struck too late.

Kim Taehyung had molded his own personal life and altered his own ways to please others. Every one of his interests were the concerns of his friends. Never had he once done something out of his own interest.

And I was sorry for leaving to begin with but no matter how hard I would try to apologize, I couldn't.

I left a note, telling Yoongi of my leave and salvaged what little clothing I had before leaving the hotel in before the sun rose. There was no regret or remorse in leaving him to run away from the evil he saw in Taehyung.

I made the independent decision to fear what had not been there in the beginning. Now, I could make proper amends if permitted.

My fingertips brushed past the cool stone, swiping past the water droplets that formed from the moist dawn air. The woodland creatures were beginning to wake as the sun peaked over the mountain tops in the distance.

There was a certain calmness that overtook the scenery, and I was no longer afraid to face going back.

My bare feet brushed past the wet grass along with the abundance of wildflowers. A certain ring of flowers caught my attention, resting between the grave mound and open meadow.

It was the crushed flower crown.

I bent down and gently placed the crown in the palm of my hands. The sun's warm light began to filter across the field faster, casting a hauntingly beautiful glow over the now dead marigold petals intertwined between stems.

The sight had been so breathtaking, enough to make me feel the euphoric rush of reminiscence that coursed thickly like pure gold in my mind.

With every jagged breath I took in, my mind was far too gone in a different dimension that consisted of memories too painful for me to visualize.

A cold pair of hands covered my eyes from behind, absorbing the tiny tear drops I hadn't even been aware of.

'Guess who?'

The sound of his voice alone brought me to a full sob, my fingers releasing the petty flower crown onto the ground. His fingertips wiped away my wet cheeks in the broad sunlight, still he hadn't revealed himself fully to me.

'Why are you here? I've missed you so much.' He finally turned me around to face him, and I was appalled at the sight of the being in front of me.

My smile faltered slowly as I stared into the soulless eyes of a distorted being. Their hands and arms were contorted in slightly odd angles, shaking in a disturbing manner. Black sockets held no eyeball and dark grey cracks ran deep through their skin. 

I opened my mouth and released an ear shattering scream. Someone's hands shook my head frantically shouting at me in confusing words. All sleep escaped me in a second as reality met me with the weight of something on my chest.

Breathing became difficult but my lungs desperately gasped for oxygen. The weight was lifted and finally my vision became clear. 

'Ji-U, what...?' A hoarse voice spoke next to me as I dragged my gaze from the ceiling to them. Sweat began to form along my hairline and palms, making it impossible for me to focus properly. 

Shadows of the furniture were casted on the peeling walls, signifying that the sun was barely beginning to rise. I looked at the digital clock on the stand. 5:49 a.m.

The pale outline of Yoongi's face displayed the drowsiness that shrouded him like a blanket. I had woken him from sleep. 

I reached over to grab a glass of water from the night stand, bringing it to my lips to get rid of the dryness in my throat. 

'Y'know Ji-U, hearing you scream like that, it only makes me wonder...' I turned my head to meet Yoongi's eyes in confusion. He began to advance towards me, almost as if I were his prey and he were the mighty predator. The understanding in his eyes disappeared instantly to be replaced with a look I hadn't seen for some time. 

Lust. For blood, power, whatever else I could offer him. 

My body hit the floor as I had scooted back far enough. That was when I stood shakily and booked it, not comprehending what had possessed him in that moment. 

-

tHIS ENTIRE END IS UNDER HEAVY RECONSTRUCTION AND WILL BE UNTIL DANNY FINALLY GETS A GRIP OF HIS LIFE AND STOPS PESTERING MINE

JK

I LOVE YOU DANNY, DON'T KILL ME

HOPE THIS ONE SETTLES IN A BIT BETTER 

-elise

@plsyoongi

thank you for the cover! ^^