Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Nine

Hinata was awoken by the sound of the front door closing, she quickly hopped out of bed and pulled on a robe over her nightgown. It wasn't daybreak as yet so it was hard to see in the dark. Her hand held the railing as she descended the stairs quickly. Thankfully no one in her family was awake yet so it was quiet.

"You're leaving already?" She asked once she made it outside. Before her was Naruto who was busy putting his stuff in the trunk of his car.

He closed it and came to stand in front of her. "I have to leave now if I want to make it early."

"O-okay...I-I'll just go..." She trailed off and pointed behind her. "Get ready."

The blonde chuckled and placed his hands on her arms, stopping her from leaving. "Whoa whoa whoa, where are you going?"

"T-to get my stuff..." She replied looking up at him.

Naruto shook his head, "you need to stay here."

"But—"

"No buts, this is my problem and you still need to reconcile with your family."

His thumbs traced small circles on her arms which calmed her down. "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

The Uzumaki grinned, "why? Are you worried about me?" Hinata blushed and turned her face away, but he continued to tease her. "Do you want to come so that you can hold my hand?"

"G-go away," she muttered pushing him away from her. He chuckled and staggered backwards releasing her from his hold.

"I'll miss you."

Hinata blinked, "w-what?"

"I said—"

"I heard what you said."

He then got closer to her, "what? Won't you miss me?"

"I-I...well...um..." She trailed off when Naruto started laughing.

"It's okay...don't force yourself." He replied before turning away. Naruto opened the car door and was about to get in when Hinata stopped him.

"Naruto-kun."

He turned around and was surprised by two arms closing around him and the feeling of lips against his cheek. He froze and stared at the closed door of the house, shocked by Hinata's actions. It was a few long moments before he regained his senses and looked down at the shy girl who seemed to realize what she'd done. Deciding to make it easier for her, he hugged her back and smiled.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're in love with me," he spoke.

Hinata didn't reply, she merely continued to hide her blush stained face in his shirt. "Drive safely."

"I will, don't miss me too much."

She giggled and pulled back slightly, "I won't."

He placed a hand over his heart and frowned playfully, "you're really hurting my heart Hinata. At least pretend that you'll miss me." She smiled and shook her head before wrapping her arms around herself due to the cold morning air. "Go back to bed."

"I will once you leave."

"No I want to make sure that you're okay first, now go inside where it's warmer."

"Naruto-kun—"

"Hinata," he said ending the conversation. The Hyūga sighed and marched towards the closed door. Opening it she turned to wave him goodbye, which he did before entering his car and only when the door was closed did he drive off.