Fragile Hearts: Eighteen

"A-are you sure about this?"

Naruto chuckled, "you'll be fine. Besides you're the one who agreed to have dinner with us." Hinata pressed her lips together and closed the car door. The night was a bit windy causing her to shiver as she stared up at his rather large house. "Come on," he said extending his arm towards her. Her lavender eyes stared down at his waiting hand before carefully taking it. He smiled and pulled her towards him, "why didn't you wear a jacket?"

"I didn't think I'd need one," she admitted. The Hyūga was dressed in a simply sleeveless lilac dress that stopped just above her knees with matching flats. Her hear was caught in a neat bun leaving only her bang.

"Well you look great anyway," he said leading her to the front door.

"T-thank you," she blushed. The blonde opened the door and immediately they were tackled by his waiting dog. Naruto released her hand to rub Kurama's head lovingly with a smile on his face.

"Alright, down boy," he said stepping away from him. The vermilion coloured dog then turned his attention to Hinata who was busy taking off her shoes. "You remember Hinata right Kurama?" The Uzumaki asked crouching down beside him. Once she was done she turned only to find both of them staring at her.

"What?" She asked with a small smile, but Naruto only shook his head. He got to his feet and removed his shoes as well. "He's gotten bigger."

"You think so?" He asked. Hinata nodded and looked back at his dog, "well, Pervy Sage is probably in the kitchen."

She giggled and started walking with him, "why do you call him that?"

He scratched the back of his head and chuckled, seeming shy to tell her the reason. "It's...a long story."

"I have time," Hinata smiled determined to know why, but he merely shook his head with a coy smile. They entered the kitchen and she was surprised to see the white haired man with a red apron on standing beside a black haired girl.

"Izumi, you're still here?" Naruto asked leaning against the door frame.

She nodded, and opened her mouth to answer but before she could Jiraiya spoke up. "She's assisting me with the cooking."

"That better be the only thing she's assisting you with," Naruto grumbled earning a glare from his godfather and a giggle from his maid.

"You're walking on thin ice boy," Jiraiya said turning away to monitor the many pots on the stove. "Glad you could make it Hinata."

Hinata smiled, "I'm glad you invited me Mr—"

"Dad," he interjected.

"I don't think you understand how much of a pedophile you sound like asking her to call you dad," Naruto said leaning off the door frame.

The white haired man deadpanned, "what? It makes sense for her to call me dad since she'll be my goddaughter soon enough." He then turned to the blushing Hyūga, "think of it as practice."

"I don't call you dad," the blonde muttered.

"Because you're an ungrateful little—"

"Master Jiraiya, your Udon!" Izumi exclaimed tapping his shoulder. The white haired elder grimaced at his godson before turning his attention back to his cooking.

Naruto chuckled and took Hinata's hand, pushing his other hand into his pocket he gestured with his head that she should follow him. Taking one last look at the two people in the kitchen she followed Naruto to wherever he was leading her.

"I never got to give you a tour of my house," he said as they walked down the hallway.

"That's my fault since the last time I was here...I wasn't really...myself," she whispered looking at the various pictures on the walls.