Fragile Hearts: Fourteen

"So..." Kiba trailed off focusing on the pot before him.

Naruto, who was seated comfortably by the counter on a stool perked up. "Yes?"

"You and Hinata..."

The blonde frowned, "what about us?"

The Inuzuka stiffened, "are you two dating?"

"Ah...well I don't know really."

He rolled his eyes and turned to face him, "what kind of answer is that?"

"An honest one," the Uzumaki deadpanned. Kiba turned away and the silence resumed. Hinata had left to take a bathe and get changed, leaving both men in each other's company. Until a minute ago they hadn't really said much to each other, which didn't surprise Naruto at all. He knew they were both fighting for Hinata's heart and from his perspective, Kiba was being a sore loser.

The sound of a door opening down the hall caught both their attention. "Ah..." There was the sound of Hinata's voice.

"Hinata?" Naruto called.

"...c-can someone help me?"

Her brown haired friend sighed and placed the kitchen towel he was holding down on the counter. "I'm coming."

"No, you continue making dinner. I'll go help her," Naruto said getting to his feet, he was about to walk away but Kiba grabbed his arm.

"Listen Naruto I know you're used to giving orders and all, but this isn't your office where you can boss people around." He hissed.

The blonde shrugged free from his grasp and was about to reply when Hinata started talking again. "Anyone...."

As soon as Kiba made a move to go Naruto blocked his path. "I think it's only fare that she chooses."

"What's your problem?"

"Who do you want Hinata?" Naruto called glaring at his counterpart.

There was a frustrated groan before she replied, "um...N-Naruto-kun." But little did she know that to Naruto her answer had a double meaning.

The Uzumaki smirked and yelled, "coming," before walking away. He listened as Kiba marched back to his post at the stove and released a huff of air. Shaking his head he tried to wipe the smile off his face as he approached the bathroom. It was slightly open and Hinata had her head through the crack. Her face was wet from the shower she'd just taken as well as her hair that was sticking to it. "Yes?"

Her cheeks burned as she realized what she was about to ask him, her stupidity costing her her dignity. "Uh...c-could you get something for me?"

"Sure."

"Okay, j-just hand me the plastic bag on my bed...please." She ordered blushing crimson; he nodded and she closed the door once again. Naruto didn't see the big fuss, he turned to walk into her room when her voice stopped him. "And don't look in it!"

"Okay!" He called back. The blonde's bare feet moved along the cool wooden floor that led into her room. His cerulean blue eyes glanced around the small space in awe, he always knew that she was an organized person, but her room was simply immaculate.

White walls created an enclosed space that housed a double bed, wardrobe and other bedroom furniture. Naruto quickly walked over to her bed without delay and picked up the alleged bag. Curiosity bubbled up within him as he stared at it, but still he decided to respect Hinata's wished and not look at its contents.