Fragile Hearts: Two

"So you're going?"

"I didn't say that." Her lavender eyes scanned one movie title after the next as she stared at the many DVDs before her.

The brunette scoffed on the other end of the phone. "You should show up, just to show him that you're over the little incident."

Hinata frowned deeply. Little incident. That's all everyone made it out to be, she couldn't blame them however as she never told anyone the full story...not even Kiba. A feeling of fear and disgust bubbled up inside her as she remembered that night and suddenly she felt dirty. More dirty than she had in her entire life.

"I don't know," she finally said shaking the bad memories from her mind. It wasn't healthy to dwell on the past and besides he couldn't hurt her now...right?

Tenten sighed, "I wish I was there so I could slap some sense into you."

"Ouch," she replied as though she'd been hit. Violent much. "When are you going to visit?"

"I don't know honestly. Being a social worker is harder than I thought it'd be." The chocolate eyed girl whined.

Hinata giggled, "at least you're doing something you love."

There was a moment of silence, "yeah. Well I'll try for some time next month."

"You better," the pale girl said with a smile. Her fingers skimmed over the hard plastic cases that housed the DVDs. "When did it become so hard to pick a movie?" She mumbled to herself, but unfortunately for her Tenten heard.

"Movie? I can help."

Hinata rolled her lavender eyes, "no thanks Tenten. I'd rather not sit and watch soppy love stories all night."

"Hey, The Notebook isn't soppy," she muttered in response. "Besides you could learn a few things from romance movies."

She took down a copy of The Avengers, "really? Like what?"

"Like falling in love, hello! Earth to Hinata Hyūga!" She yelled in her ear. "Do you want to grow old alone?"

She grabbed a few movies from the action section without looking at their titles. "Trust me, it's better this way."

"Better for who?"

"Me alright." The Hyūga sighed in frustration. This was why she hardly called Tenten, they'd always end up arguing over her nonexistent love life. It drained her and now all she wanted was to run herself a hot bathe and watch movies all night while stuffing her face. Because that's what single women do right? She shook her head and made her way to the cashier. "I have to go."

"I'm sorry Hinata."

She placed her movies on the counter, "it's okay, really."

"If you say so. Alright talk to you soon, take care of yourself," she said, affection evident in her voice.

"You too Tenten," was all she said before hanging up. Hinata turned her attention to the brown haired cashier whom she'd grown familiar with. He had a red swirl on both his cheeks and was a bit chubby.

The cashier glanced at the movies she'd placed on the counter then back at her. "Bad day?"

"You could say that."

...

From: Sasuke-San
'The party's this Saturday. See you there :)'
@8:34 p.m