Fifty-Four -

"Max, get up." Tears stung my eyes as I tried to shake him awake.

We need to get out of here. Like, now.

"Max, please. You're scaring me." I didn't get a response.

I could hear faint whispering. Demented whispering. Then a giggle of a little girl.

The room was completely black except for the light above us.

'Put it on.'

Put what on?

I looked in my hand. The gold Z pendant was there, covered in blood.

'Max is waiting.'

I hesitate before fastening it around my neck.

White flashed before my eyes. When I could see again, I was in my office. But it was dead silent outside. The door was opened.

I slowly got up and peeked my head out.

There was no one. All I wanted was to find Max.

I walked to the main area. Adam was lying on the floor on his stomach, breathing softly.

Odd. He doesn't usually sleep at the office. That's more Max's job than his.

I slowly go up to him and shake him lightly. "Adam?"

Then I saw his sleeve. There was a dark crimson X on his shoulder.

My EMT nerves kicked in and I ran back to my office to get my first aid kit.

It wasn't in the drawer. Hell all of the drawers were empty. My computer and the rest of the equipment were shiny plastic. I touched the chair and it immediately turned into white puffy clouds.

When I went out of my office again, Adam was gone. All I found were his glasses.

I picked them up and examines them closely. The lenses were squeaky clean. Not a smudge.

'Put it on.'

Why would I put his prescription glasses on? That's ridiculous.

'Adam is waiting.'

That voice again. Where is it coming from?

I put the frames on, and, surprised that I could see clearly, walked down the hallway.

The whispering came back. I went into the kitchen. On the counter was Ashley's I-Pod, blasting K-Pop music still through the earbuds.

All I heard was:

Senbonzakura
Yoru ni magire  
Kimi no koe mo 
Todokanai yo
Koko wa utage
Hagane no ori 
Sono dantoudai de 
Mioroshite

Obviously something I don't understand.

'Don't hold it against us...'

What?

I backed up and went to where we record for Office Antics.

Ross and Ashley were lying on their stomachs on the rug holding hands. They both had crimson X's on their shoulders.

They were alive. But when I blinked they both disappeared and all that was left was Ross' jacket and Ashley's... engagement ring? No that can't be right. They're not engaged.

At least I don't think they are.

I left the stuff there and moved to Max's old office. It was dusty and dirty and there were empty boxes everywhere.

The light was blinking. I saw a piece of paper on the desk. I picked it up and only got a glimpse of what I think was a picture of a little girl before the light went out completely.

It blinked on again; the picture was no longer in my grasp, even though I didn't feel it move.

It blinked off again; there was a faint giggle.

'You have no idea what I have been through, Mommy.'

==

*Adam's POV*

The entire room was dead silent. It was just (Y/N), Red and me. (Y/N) was asleep on the couch. Red was engulfed in his phone.

Me? I had absolutely nothing to do.

I was about to get up to get a soda when (Y/N) shot up on the couch screaming like she found bloody murder, making both me and Red jump. She had sat herself up; her legs were kicking wildly, her arms were bunched up and her face was slowly turning red.

She didn't stop screaming.

I rushed over to where she was and put my hands on her arms gently. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! What the hell is wrong?!"

She kept screaming. By now John and Corey had came running to see what was going on.

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" Red shouted in a panicked tone.

Her eyes shot open and the screams died down. I locked onto her (E/C) eyes and I almost thought she was a 6-year old from the look on her face.

I saw tears swell up and I wrapped my arms around her. She was shaking really bad and her breath was short.

I looked at John. "Find Max." I say quietly.

He nods and runs off.

"Where... What... Who..." (Y/N) kept trying to speak but her breath kept leaving her before the word could come out.

I broke off and backed up when I saw Max come running like he was in a marathon with John charging behind him.

*Max's POV*

I get down on my knees to meet her face to face. "(Y/N), it's okay. What's wrong?"

"Y-you... A-a-a-and Adam... A-a-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Shh. Sh. Relax. You're okay." I touched her hand lightly. I could feel how badly she was shaking. "Take deep breaths."

"I thought you were gone!" She broke down in tears and flung her arms around me.

I wrap arms around her and look at Adam, who's face was really pale.

And so was everyone else's.