Thirty-Six -

"Max, I gotta check your blood pressure again." I say, coming up behind him.

Max groans and turns around in his chair. "You just checked it this morning, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, and the doctor told me to check it in the morning and in the evenings. It's 8:32."

He groans again and holds out his hand.

I prick his finger and squeeze a little bit of blood out. After I picked it up with the strip, I gave him a bandaid and shoved the strip into the meter. It gave me a number. "You're good."

"Told you." He gives me a light kiss and pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. "When do you wanna head home?"

"Whenever Ross is ready. He has the keys."

"True."

"You finished with your work?"

"Yeah. Why?"

I look at Tim, then Nick, then Jordan. They all had their headphones on and were paying no attention at all. "I was thinking that we could go out tonight. You know, make a date out of it." I rest my head on his shoulder. "We haven't been on one since the New Years Eve party."

"You wanna go out tonight? We wouldn't be able to do much since it's late."

"We could try to make the last showing of The Boy tonight, if you wanna see it."

He makes a face. "You wanna watch a horror movie? I've seen your Five Nights at Freddy's gameplays, and you almost cried at one point."

"That was Five Nights at Freddy's 2. I grew immune on the 3rd one."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah. Besides, if I get really scared, you'll be next to me."

He chuckles slightly. "Alright. We'll go. What time's the show?"

I pull my phone out of my pocket and Google the show times. "10:45."

"Well we're gonna have to leave now if we wanna make it." He pushes me off of his lap lightly and gets up. "Go pack your stuff up, I'll go see if Ross is ready."

I run to my office, load everything into my work bag and lock up. I walk to Ross' office. The boys were ready to go; Ross looked exhausted and said that Ashley had texted him early and that she was coming over to watch some movies. (😏)

~this skip is brought to you by a possessed painting of a Boy Puppet doll-thing~

"Two tickets for The Boy, please." Max says to the lender, who didn't look very happy to be there.

He took Max's 10 dollar bill and exchanged it for two tickets and his change.

"Enjoy your show." The teenager says flatly.

Max grabs my arm lightly and pulls me along. "Creep." He mutters when he knew he was out of hearing range.

I just shrug. "You want me to go get our seats while you get the popcorn?"

He just shrugs. "What do you want for a drink?"

"Get me a (*soda name here*)."

He nods. I give him his ticket, kiss his cheek and get in the line to go through the ticket puncher.

The theater we were in was bigger than I had expected it to be. I didn't know where Max would rather sit: Right near the front or in the very back.

So I went in the middle at the end of a row.

Max finally came out after 10 minutes with a large popcorn bowl and a large cup.

He looks around, and moved to his seat when he saw me.

"You didn't get a drink?" I ask, holding the popcorn so he could sit down.

"I did. I wanted the same drink, so I got a large and two straws."

I smirk. "Dork."

"You're a dork."

I laugh.

He got situated, then put the cup in the holder between us and took the popcorn bowl and out it in his lap. "Hey, if you get really scared, don't cling to my arm like a sloth, okay?"

I make a face. Then he laughs.

The house lights dimmed and the movie started.

I was fine for a while, up until--

HOLY CRAP IT JUMPED. THE DOLL FREAKING JUMPED. (I'm horrible at writing horror, so I am not going down that lane. I'm slowly being able to write a romance normally. Hence this X Reader. 😯)

A couple other girls in the theater and I shrieked. I grabbed onto Max's arm (of course I did. Did you expect me not to?). He just chuckles at me.

It just got worse from there.

By the end of the movie the soda cup was empty and was sitting in the empty popcorn bowl, and Max had his arms wrapped around me.

"So am I the dork still?" He says softly.

"Max don't." I say sternly with my face in his chest.

"Sorry." He sighs and squeezes my shoulders. "I know who won't be sleeping tonight."

~Skip Trip~

Max's POV

I unlock the door and walk in with (Y/N) gripping my hand behind me.

She's literally shaking.

"Hey, go ahead and take a bath like you want to." I say, squeezing her hand three times.

She nods, walks into the bedroom and shuts the door. Almost 3 seconds later I had to duck for cover when she chucked her stuffed Creeper and Chanel (the owl plush) out of the room. Then she shuts the door again. "Not taking any chances!"

"Never said you had to, (Y/N)."

"How bad was the movie?" Ross asks.

"Actual movie or horror wise?" (I'm sorry but to me it sucked.)

"Horror."

"Bad."

He makes a face. "How?"

"Like Adam's quiting YouTube bad."

"Yikes."

I look around the corner at the couch. "Did Ashley come over?"

"Yeah."

"Did she leave?"

"No. Fell asleep. She's in my bed right now." (RELAX NOTHING HAPPENS OR HAPPENED)

"Ooh."

Yeah. Woo. Another late update.

You know what that means? TODAYS actual update will have to a half because TONIGHT IS FREAKING SHOW NIGHT.

So...

*ahem* *inhales*

FAME! I'M GONNA LIVE FOREVER! I'M GONNA LEARN HOW TO FLY.

HIGH! I FEEL IT COMING TOGETHER.

PEOPLE WILL SEE ME AND CRY
... No they won't. Lol (those song lyrics tho)

This Cherry Blossom tho 👉theoriginalmonkey👈💙💙💙💙💙😘