Forty-Seven -

"And here is your Shrimp Scampi." The waitress says, putting the plate down in front of Max.

"Thanks," Max says as he unravels the cloth napkin to get his fork out.

"You are very welcome. Enjoy." She nods and walks to the next table. (I find it very alarming that as soon as I wrote Shrimp Scampi I started to smell Olive Garden bread sticks in my room, and it's like 0054 hours. 😕😯😪😓 *12:54 AM. Me and Military time* Now I'm hungry.)

I twirl a strand of fettuccine on my fork and take a bite, looking up at Max for a second. He took a bite of the shrimp and made a face.

"Is it bad?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He nods. "The shrimp isn't even cooked." He swallows what was in his mouth, the has a minor turrets issue with his head. (Author~Chan's definition: He shakes his head out.)

"Do you want some of my Alfredo?" I ask, holding up my fork with a some noodles on it. "Something to hold you over until the waitress gets back?"

He shakes his head at my offer. "Hey, Red, pass me a bread stick, will ya?"

Red nods and holds up the basket. Max takes a bread stick and nods. "Thanks."

He ate almost the entire basket because they couldn't make him another plate in time. By the time they did, I had let him finish off whatever I didn't eat on my plate. I wasn't gonna let him go hungry. (We all remember what happened last time he didn't eat.)

So our Sunday group dinner wasn't all that great; well, our side of it wasn't. The others said their meals were fine.

~Skip Cause Author~Chan Is In Control 😝~
-10:34-

I sat on the edge of the bed, untying the braid in my hair. I felt kinda hot this morning for some reason, so I was literally dressed a season too early. But I seriously don't care.

I push my side of the blankets down and sit up straight against the headboard, pulling the blankets back up and I start to scroll through the personal Facebook I have that no one but my family and friends know about. (Hehehe)

Max opens the bathroom door and starts to walk out when I saw him lean against the doorknob and hold his side for a full minute, wincing every once in a while.

"You okay, baby?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He nods and stands up straight. Then he gets under covers and turns off the lamp.

I laid down after a few minutes and almost immediately Max grabbed my waist gently and pulled me close. He puts his face close to my neck and I listen closely to his breathing.

He took a deep breath every once in a while and I felt his grip on my shirt tighten when he did like he was in pain, but then he would sigh and loosen his grip.

-2:38 AM-

The feeling of the bed jerking woke me up. I groggily roll over to look at Max's side of the bed. Which was empty. Then I look at the bathroom door. The light was on and the door was cracked.

I get up and look through the crack.

Why is Max... Oh god.

I open the door, and I was right. He was throwing up.

I put my hand on his shoulder. There's nothing much I can do, sadly.

When he stops, he spits out some of the food that got caught in his mouth and then looks at me with watery brown eyes.

I put my hand under his arm and gently pull him over to the sink. "Rinse your mouth out."

He nods slightly and turns on the sink.

I took the risk of throwing up myself and looked in the toilet bowl. It had everything he ate for dinner mixed together.

Ewwwww.

I gag a little and flush it down the drain. Then I hand Max a washcloth and he wipes the excess water off of his mouth. His face looked really pale when he looked at me. "Now what?" He asks. "You're the doctor of the house."

I smirk at him and kiss his cheek. "Go lay back down. Slowly."

He nods and goes back to our room and turns on the lamp as I walk out to the kitchen and fill a glass with ginger ale and grab the bottle of the Tums chews.

I came back into the room, set the stuff down on the end table next to him and go back to close the door.

Then I take two of the chews out of the bottle and hand them to him. "Take them one at a time."

He nods, sits up, and put the first one in his mouth. I sit down on the edge of the bed next to him with the glass in my hand. "Where did it hurt?"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Huh?"

"When you were having pains when we just went to bed. Where did it hurt?"

"How'd you know I was having pains?"

"Max. Seriously. I went through medical school. I can tell when someone's in pain."

He sighs then puts the last chew in his mouth. "Abdominal."

I sigh. "Now I know what's wrong."

"What?"

"It's fucking food poisoning, Max. You ate one of the uncooked shrimp, right?"

"Yeah."

"It was raw, Max. It was probably contaminated with a ton of bacteria."

He sighs. "Awesome. Now what am I supposed to do?"

"Uh, stay home? What else?" I hand him the glass and get up and walk around to my side of the bed.

"Stay home? (Y/N), I can't do that. We don't work in an accounting office."

"You need to rest, Max. It'll only get worse if you don't take it easy. I'll have to stay home, too."

"Why you?"

"Because you're my fiance, Max. I'm not just gonna leave you here by yourself when you're sick."

"(Y/N), I can take care of myself. You can go in and do whatever is on the schedule. I'll be in by tomorrow."

"Food poisoning isn't a 24-hour stomach bug, Max. It takes a week to get better from it, a week and a half at most."

"Are you serious right now?" He groans, sets the glass down and flops back. "Adam's gonna kill me."

"He's not gonna kill you, Max. He'll probably kill whatever chef forgot to turn the stove on when he was making the shrimp." I make circles on his bare chest and look at him. "You're gonna be fine."

He smirks at me slightly and kisses my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I smirk at him slightly. "So was the Alfredo good?"

"Oh, god, can we not talk about food?"

I laugh.

So... Ha... You DON'T wanna know where I got that picture.

You: Yes I do!

NO YOU DON'T. GOOD GRIEF CHILD TAKE A HINT. 😰😷😵😲😛😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴