Five - I Got Max's Coat

As expected, that place was packed. Max was about ready to leave and just go to Papa John's when they finally seated us.

The pizza was actually pretty good. We ran into a few fans, we were both happy to take pictures with them. One of them was so cute. She was 11-years old, and the first thing she asked after we took a picture was "Are you two dating?"

Poor Max; his face turned red so fast. I told her we were just out having fun as friends. She was like "Riiiiiight. Okay thanks! Bye!" And ran off.

Max got an extra Sprite to calm down. I don't know why he's really nervous.

Then again, I did have a mental meltdown earlier... Oops.

When we paid and were about to leave, Max didn't start his car. "Would you wanna walk around for a little bit?" He asks. "There's a park right over there."

I just shrug. "Why not?"

We both avoided traffic and entered the park. The sun was down, so the lights were on. There were some kids playing on the playground. We walked to paved trail through the middle, just talking and laughing.

I started to regret not bringing a jacket. It started to get pretty cold.

I guess he saw it; I had my hands on my arms. "The cold never bothered you, huh?"

I just shrug and laugh.

"You want my jacket?"

"Oh no, I'm fine."

5 seconds later I felt a warm coat go over my shoulders. His coat. What made me feel bad was the fact that his shirt was short-sleeved. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

We walked in since for a while. He really didn't seem cold. I didn't know what to say, I doubt he did either. I was too star-struck by the fact that I was actually out here with him. He seems like a jerk, he just has a soft side that you gotta get to over time.

Well that was a pretty short amount of time.

We stopped at a fence that blocked off a lake. I actually like this spot. The water's always clean, and sometimes there's a guy out here that gives you a handful of fish feed for a quarter. He's not here now, which was a bummer.

It took me a while to realize that Max was staring at me with his soft brown eyes and a small smirk.

"What?" I ask.

"You know I wasn't just saying it to be nice when I said you looked great, right?" He says quietly.

I couldn't help but smile and flush. How was I supposed to reply to that?!

"You look really pretty tonight."

Oh my god what is he doing?! I've got no response! That's not a usual for me!

Ugh! Why does he have to be so adorable?!

"Thanks." That was literally all I could think of.

Smooth. ... NOT

Thunder rolled over and I felt drops on my head. First a few, then everything started to get soaked. We both retreated for his car, and we figured we'd call it a night. As much as I didn't want to, it was like 10:30. Most of the stores were closing down.

We didn't really say anything on the way back to my apartment.

He pulled into the parking lot in front of my building, and walked me to my door. I was flushing really bad.

"Hey, I had a lot of fun tonight." Max says with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, me too." I unlocked the door with my key.

"So, uh... I guess I'll see ya tomorrow?" Wow this awkward.

"Yeah." I took the risk and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks." I opened the door, stepped in, gave him a small wave (which he returned), and closed the door.

I looked out the peep hole. He smirked and left. When he was gone, I immediately sat down and put my back against the door. Did I seriously just do that?

I replayed it. Everything. Yup. I did.

Max's POV (😨 AUTHOR~CHAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I'M FINALLY DOING IT. I THOUGHT WE WEREN'T GONNA DO IT! WELL GUESS WHAT. WE ARE!)

The second I walked through the door, I collapsed against it. Holy shit she seriously just did that?

I replayed that last 2 minutes in my head. Yup. She did.

"So." Ross says from the other side of he counter. He had his hands squished into his face like some teenage girl. "How'd it go?"

"Crazy," I breathe. "But in good way."

"I noticed. You do realize you have lip gloss on your cheek, right?"

I ran my hand against my cheek. Sure enough, sparkly lip gloss ended up on my hand. "Yeah."

Ross just rolls his eyes with a smirk. "Shipped!"

Oh my god I did it. Heck. WE ALL DID IT. XD

HAPPY EASTER! TODAY IS ACTUALLY EASTER.

I IS GONNA GO PLAY ASSASSIN'S CREED. CAUSE I IS AWESOME LIKE DAT.

STILL GO SEE theoriginalmonkey! WHY HAVEN'T YOU ALREADY?! HELP HER GET TO TEN!! XD