Thirty-Nine

The feeling of something touching my nose pulled me out of my dreams of bunnies, hamsters, the monopoly man and cupcakes. (O.o)

Then I felt lips on my forehead. Then my nose again; my right cheek; a forehead pressed against mine and I felt light breathing

Max. I could smell his morning breath.

I kiss him lightly and open my eyes, his smile close to mine.

"Hi." He says softly.

"Hi."

"You know what day it is?"

"Hm?"

"It's Valentine's Day."

"Is that why you're covering me in kisses right now?"

"A little bit."

"You're a dork."

"I know."

I laugh quietly. Then I kiss him again and let him rest his head on my shoulder. I run my fingers along his hairline behind his ear.

We laid there for at least 5 minutes until my arm fell asleep under him.

I made pancakes while he showered. Ross spent the night at Ashley's place last night; he wants to go to iHop tonight desert. So we're meeting them there for a double date. (I know. I know. Well guess what. I haven't been to iHop in forever. So I would wanna go. Alright?)

*Skip cause I have to do a lot of laundry and I'm brain dead right now*

"'...The nearest house was Owl's, and to Owl's House in the Hundred Acre Wood he made his way. He came to Owl's door, and he knocked and he rang and he rang and he'-- Max."

"Hm?"

"If you want me to stop reading just say so."

"No, I'm listening." He says with his eyes closed. "I'm just really comfy here."

I close the 20 pound book and set in on the floor of the balcony. "We gotta start getting ready. Ross'll be here in a few minutes to pick us up for iHop."

"Mm." I go to get up, but he pulls me back down on the daybed and wraps both of his arms around me. "I'd rather just lay here with you next to me."

"Yeah, but I'm hungry."

"So am I. And here I am."

I chuckle. "Dork."

"I know."

He lets me up and I drag him along behind me to our room.

He showers again. I change.

When he came out of the bathroom when he was dressed, I saw his eyes flash when I was sitting on the bed

When he came out of the bathroom when he was dressed, I saw his eyes flash when I was sitting on the bed. "What?"

"I thought you were gonna wear that sweater you like today."

I smirk. "Who says you have to wear red on Valentine's Day?"

"Not me." He smirks and sits on the edge of the bed next to me. He gets close to my face and speaks in a low voice. "Did you look at your charm bracelet this morning?"

"No, why?"

He kisses me. "You should check it." Then he gets up and goes to get his shoes out of the closet.

I pick up the Pandora bracelet and look at it closely. There was a new charm on it. It was two hearts linked together. Completely adorable.

Max saw that I was looking at it. "You like it?"

I smile at him and put the bracelet on. "I love it."

He bends down to my height and gives me a warm smile, getting close to my face again.

"Thank you, baby." I kiss him.

"You're welcome."

"And I have something for you." He backs up so I can go into the closet and dig out a small box in red wrapping paper. I hand it to him and he opens it.

His eyes widen at the phone case. It had the Super Smash Bros version of Rosalina on it and the game logo. (Sadly, they don't have those in real life. I spent 3 hours trying to find one.)

"They actually make these?" He asks.

"Nope. Had it custom made." I smile at him and get down to his level.

"You're amazing. Thank you." He kisses me again and hugs me.

"Anything for you, Max."

Almost two seconds later, we heard Ross' car horn outside.

I slipped on my flats, grabbed my purse and we both walk out of the building. Max was clipping the case onto his phone while he walked.

We ate; chatted for a while and then we started to drive home.

Ashley fell asleep. I stared out the window with a dead iPhone.

"You think Will Ferrel watches Elf on Christmas Eve?" Max asks out of nowhere. I act like I didn't notice. I was too confused to say anything.

"No, I don't." Ross says.

"Why's that?"

"Cause I think he'd be watching something else."

"Ooh."

... What?

Ross dropped us off at home since he was staying the night at Ashley's again, and we both changed and just watched TV.

Of course Max was my giant pillow.

And I fell asleep on top of him.

But he'll always be mine.

Oh. Great. I made a Valentine's Day pun.

SAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I DON'T USUALLY DO SAPPY. 😰

This Cherry Blossom tho 👉theoriginalmonkey👈💖💖💖💖💖😘💙👋